We're Lowell. Haven't heard of us? Then let us say hello.
You may not know us, but our reputation's growing. We help our customers pay off their debts in practical and affordable ways. And, we do it honestly, ethically, and without any confusing legal jargon. We're expanding quickly, and looking for people who really want to help our customers turn their finances around. People who really want to make a difference. People like you?
So that's us. Now, let's talk about your role.
You will be responsible for designing and completing bespoke analytic work, using SAS and other reporting tools, in collaboration with operational stakeholders representing most areas and functions (e.g., call centre, digital, direct mail, and collections strategy). You will help shape operational strategy, and support data-driven decision making, through a combination of standard and ad hoc analytic activities focused on highlighting trends, discovering new patterns, and synthesizing internal performance, consumer, and marketplace data.
You will be able to:
- Present technical information and analytic results clearly and effectively to non-technical stakeholders,
- Work closely with operational managers as they enhance our competitive edge, and
- Partner broadly with Decision Science to shape and deliver creative, incisive, and actionable analyses.
This role offers many opportunities to provide direct executive support for high-value projects, and present hypotheses and findings in key decision making forums. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that partners broadly within the organization and influences the company's operational, analytic, and financial strategies. Moreover, this role is part of a thriving, pan-European analytical community devoted to using the best elements of applied and theoretical work from statistics, psychology, management science, and behavioural economics to understand the fundamental drivers of consumer financial behaviour.
Key duties & responsibilities:
Produce and distribute high-quality, actionable analytics (both ad hoc and business-as-usual) using various reporting and analytical tools (e.g., SAS, Qlikview, NPrint, QlikSense and Excel) and through the development and business key performance indicators
Build recommendations for customer facing contact and offer strategies, applying analytical insight, consumer understanding, commercial acumen and an appreciation of broader operational and compliance implications
Build and manage relationships with a broad range of business clients, including direct colleagues, operational staff, and senior management
Proactively seek out opportunities to inject analytic rigour and excellence into business and improve ongoing problem solving
How do we say thank you?
You have a huge impact on our success and our rewards reflect this. With us you'll get:
- A competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- A annual bonus for a job well done
- 3% flexible benefits; whether you're into fitness or extra holidays, there's something for you.
- Our on-site subsidised restaurants serve great food all day.
- Cancel your gym membership we have one on site - it's free!
- Free parking.
- A fantastic culture with more little perks along the way.
Once you get here, you'll still be going places. We really want to work with you to make your career what you want it to be, so we offer a load of different opportunities to help you develop.
What do we need from you?
To make the grade, you'll need the following expertise:
- Undergraduate degree in economics, business, or a quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Numeracy and quantitative comfort, whether through natural aptitude, coursework, or job experience, is essential for success
- Previous experience in a highly analytical role essential
- SQL (querying and managing data) and SAS (or comparable) programming
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, especially Excel
- Solid communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, sometimes conflicting, priorities and tasks would be highly advantageous
- Traits and competencies likely to be associated with success in this role include exceptional problem solving skills, creativity, intellectual curiosity, the relentless pursuit of better answers, and superior ambiguity tolerance
Take the next step and apply
Got the lowdown? Like what you see? Take the next step and apply.