Finance Officer, Islington
Salary: Scp3 (GBP22,002) to Scp14 (GBP26,772), depending on experience
Purpose of the post:
- To be responsible for the day to day ordering, purchasing and payment for all school activities, in accordance with the school's financial procedures, including the entering and recording of timely and accurate financial and management information.
- To provide support to the Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Resources on all aspects of the school's finance function
- To provide support to smooth running of the financial aspects of the school's capital project.
- Under the oversight of the Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Resources, ensure all purchase orders, invoices, journal entries, and receipts are recorded and reconciled correctly, liaising closely with heads of department and other senior colleagues to ensure school financial processes are followed in a timely manner working to agreed internal financial deadlines
- Assist the Finance Manager in maintaining all computerised records using FMS
- Manage the timely payment of school suppliers
- Manage the school's asset register
- Administer the financial aspects of school trips through ParentPay
- Manage the school's petty cash including administering requests from staff for reimbursements and the distribution of cash/cheques, posting records on system and obtaining/collecting cash from the bank
- Support the Finance Manager in dealing with queries from external suppliers, resolving queries promptly to ensure outstanding relationships with all stakeholders
- Support the Finance Manager in carrying out bank, debit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Support the Finance Manager in providing monthly management accounts
- Support to the Finance Manager and Director of Finance and Resources in processing payments and receipts for the school's current capital project
- Support to the Finance Manager with the preparation of financial reports to the Governors and local authority.
Please download an application pack from TES website or contact the school on .
Deadline for sending applications: Monday 19th August, 9.00am
Interviews date: TBC
Following the school's policy in respect of safeguarding and child protection and ensuring the health and safety of the students.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the Finance Manager or the Director of Finance and Resources to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. An enhanced criminal record check will be carried out for the successful candidate.