Job Title: Economist
Employer: Rokos Capital Management LLP
Location: Mayfair, London
Opening date for applications: 8 August 2019
Closing date for applications: 5 September 2019
Who we are
Rokos Capital Management LLP (“RCM”) is a hedge fund manager founded in 2015, and currently has over 170 employees between our London headquarters and Washington, D.C. research office. The Firm manages a global macro hedge fund that targets consistent long-term returns for our investors within a well-defined risk framework. The fund is active in the major macro asset classes: interest rates, FX, equities, as well as emerging markets and other products.
At RCM, our culture is driven by teamwork, our ability to analyse and solve complex problems, and our embedded Values which help us to clarify our expectations of each other: you will work alongside exceptional people who are trusted talent, who challenge and support each other, in the pursuit of collective excellence, to achieve sustainable success.
The candidate will work with Senior Economists on medium term projects. The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Extensive gathering of macro-economic data over long-term horizons;
- Visualisation through charts of key identified macro-economic relationships and building dashboards;
- Conducting econometric work to quantify relationships and draw quantitative implication;
- Providing unique perspectives, backed by rigorous analysis, on market-relevant events;
- Cover a very wide spectrum of economic research topics and geographies;
- Generate trade ideas; and
- Model and forecast macroeconomic and financial variables
What are the key skills of successful candidates?
We are looking for bright, hard-working, numerate, communicative, intuitive individuals.
In order for you to get the most out of this role, you will need to have:
- Masters in Economics (PhD beneficial)
- Recent demonstrable experience in a relevant role working in a leading Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or Asset Management firm
- Knowledge of and experience working with macroeconomic data, macro modelling and forecasting;
- Proficiency with software packages, essential to have Matlab. Macrobond and Eviews can be learned on job.
- Strong communication skills (verbally and written);
- Ability to apply a rigorous analytic approach, with strong quantitative skills grounded in econometrics, statistics and probability theory;
- Ability to flexibly move between monitoring and surveillance of market events, generation of in-depth analysis and modelling on a variety of market-relevant topics; and
- Possess a proactive approach driven by intense curiosity, logical reasoning and ability to filter signals / predictions of trends on a macro-economic scale.
- Pre-screening / CV Review
- Interview with economists, maths test and econometrics test
- Interview with economists and the Head of Research
- Final interviews with senior management and HR
Apply for Economist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly