Bluebell Capital Partners Limited (“the Firm”) is applying for regulatory permissions to act as an investment manager for a recently constituted Investment Company. The Firm currently comprises of a small team of highly experienced investment professionals with a minimum of 20 years’ experience of corporate finance, capital markets, corporate governance advice and investment management. The investment strategy focuses on longer term activist investing in publicly listed companies. The investment approach is described as applying private equity investing to public equity markets via detailed corporate analysis.
As a Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for:
- originating new investment ideas with a particular focus on the US;
- conducting research related to new investments in public companies by analysing public filings, as well as information on competitors, suppliers and customers;
- monitoring existing investments including: attending quarterly conference calls; conducting field research and channel checks; and attending meetings with management and third-party industry experts;
- building financial models for existing portfolio companies and new investments, particularly in the US;
- preparing investment presentations detailing investment theses, financial analysis and primary research;
- presenting investment theses to firm partners, in-house investment professionals, external investors;
- generating investment ideas through attending industry conferences, reading investment literature, and meeting with investment banking research analysts;
- contributing to portfolio risk management including position sizing, entry and exit points, trading strategy.
We are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- an undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, or a similar subject is required;
- an MBA in Value Investing or CFA qualification is preferred;
- significant experience in the financial services industry, in financial modeling, merger and bottoms up 3-statement models, price-volume analysis, and valuation using sum-of-the-parts, DCF, comparable companies & precedent transactions is required;
- experience of analysing companies in both Europe and North America is required;
- demonstrated capability at all stages in the investment process; from on the ground due diligence to detailed investment committee memos is required;
- strong investment experience in the US market is required;
- experience working in smaller / dynamic investment firm environments is preferred.
Posting date: 7 August 2019
Closing date: 4 September 2019
Please send your cover letter and application to Matt.Low@bluebellcp.com
Apply for Portfolio Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly