Chef - Part Time
Chef – Part Time
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Are you an experienced Chef looking for your next role? Could you thrive working in an environment supporting members of the amazing UK Fire and Rescue Service community? If so, read on.
The Fire Fighters Charity is the organisation that supports the mental, physical and social needs of the members of the UK Fire and Rescue Service community. We recognise that no two people requesting our support do so for the same reason and tailor our service to achieve the best outcomes for each of our beneficiaries.
When the rescuers need it the most, we rescue them.
As part of our UK-wide range of support services, Marine Court, in the seaside town of Littlehampton offers accommodation and services to help our beneficiaries recover from a physically damaging or mentally traumatising experience.
We are now looking for a part time Chef to join our team working 13 hours per week.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay: £7,361.64 per annum (£10.89 per hour)
- Pension: 8% pension contributions (Contributions are paid by the Charity on your behalf; you may also choose to make your own contribution if you wish to do so)
- Annual leave: 25 days’ rising to 27 plus Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Life Assurance: 3 x basic salary
- No weekend or split shifts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Become a beneficiary of the Charity
- A rewarding role helping the UK’s fire and rescue services
This is a superb opportunity to not only give back to members of our deserving Fire and Rescue Service community, but also to gain valuable working experience with our incredible charity.
As a Chef, you will produce nutritious, well balanced meals and menus for our beneficiaries and guests, in order to support and maximise the benefits of their stay. Reporting to the Head Chef, you will work according to both statutory and organisational guidelines and requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure an appropriate catering service is delivered including supporting the cleaning schedules
- Prepare nutritionally balanced meals on time, to a consistent standard and ensure that sufficient quantities are available
- Manage costs within the department ensuring best value is achieved
- Maintain good internal and external relationships with relevant stakeholders i.e. suppliers and the wider team at Marine Court
To be considered as a Chef, you will need:
- Previous experience as a chef
- Knowledge of dietary restrictions
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety
- A Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- A professional chef qualification, such as an NVQ level 2 (or relevant experience)
This is a part time role working 13 hours per week across a two week rota.
Thursday and Friday 07:00 - 15:00 (7.5 hours per day)
Thursday and Friday 14:00 - 19:30 (5.5 hours per day)
The Fire Fighters Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. When recruiting our new team members, regardless of the role, we are looking for people who share our values to help us to achieve our strategic plan.
So, if you are ready to take on a new role as a Chef, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.