Chef / Cook / Restaurant Chef / Preparation Chef
Job Title: Chef/Cook
Location: Harrogate HG2 8NZ
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - 40 hours per week working 5 out of 7 operational days of the week starting at 7am or 8 am with no split shifts.
The Company’s busy cafe serves everything from a full Yorkshire Breakfast, has an extensive lunch menu and serves afternoon tea. The kitchen also prepares food for sale in the farm shop including soup, scones etc. The shop sells the very best food and drink from Yorkshire, with a fully stocked butchery counter, a deli counter laden with fresh pies, pasties and amazing cheese. Fruit and veg straight from the farms and lots of lovely jams and chutneys alongside freshly baked local bread and mouth-watering cakes.
The Company acts as a shop window for local farmers and producers giving a crucial local market for their produce, so you will be cooking with great ingredients. Our chefs make everything from stock to lemon meringue pies.
Purpose of the Role:
To work as part of a busy team to run a successful Food Service throughout the day and very occasionally for special evening events.
- Prepare, cook and present food in a timely manner ensuring consistency and high quality.
- Be prepared to work hard in a small but close team and share their passion for great food and service.
- To work with the Head chef to manage stock surpluses and use them to prepare daily specials for the café and for customers to buy in the shop.
- To prepare food for sale in the shop, deli and Fodder on the Hoof is a key element of this role and for the financial success of the Company.
- Ensure that all aspects of environmental health, health and safety, cleanliness, food, fire and other legislation is adhered to in the Kitchen. Health and safety and food hygiene is a priority.
- Observe all relevant Health and Safety and EHO legislation to ensure all working practises and processes reflect best practise.
- Provide on-going support to the Kitchen and café team by working in a polite, efficient and friendly manner.
- To help with daily cleaning.
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
The successful Candidate will:
- Understand food and flavours and be able to prepare high quality tasting food.
- Demonstrate considerable experience in working within a team to run a successful food service
- Preferably have a Food Safety qualification
- Adhere to agreed food preparation, cooking and presentation standards
- Have a passion both for cooking and serving good food
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to prioritise, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Have the ability to organise multiple details and cope with stressful situations in an effective and appropriate manner
- Demonstrate good Customer service skills
- Have excellent Health, safety and food awareness.
- Possess good team working skills to work with other staff in the business
- No split shifts and daytime hours
- 6% employer contribution to pension scheme (Group personal pension scheme)
- 34 days holiday – inc bank holidays
- Subsidised private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance of x4 annual salary
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Chef De Partie, Demi Chef de Partie, Restaurant Chef, Breakfast Chef, Experienced Chef, Kitchen Chef, Catering, Food Catering, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook, Assistant Chef, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Assistant, Kitchen Manager, Food Hygiene, Food Health and Safety Manager and Kitchen Supervisor will also be considered for this role.