Accounts Administrator / Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Administrator
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company, a leading metal electro-chemical finishing company based in central Birmingham, are looking for an Accounts Administrator with experience and a calm manner to work in a busy production and sales environment supporting the Group Finance Director. The role will also include Payroll and performing front line reception duties.
This is an opportunity to join a progressive organisation which continues to invest in both their people and their infrastructure.
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger and supplier payments including month end reports
- Maintain the Sales Ledger and sales cash book including month end reports
- Maintain the purchase documentation and supporting purchasing requirements for all departments
- Support the admin team within the group in the management of their purchase ledger, supplier payments, sales ledger, sales cash book and credit control
- Maintain the supplier selection process and monitoring of supplier performance
- Manage and progress Chemical Sales and Plant & Equipment Orders, preparing paperwork, organising transport and liaising with Chemical Department and Customers for despatch and invoice of orders
- Manage Export/bespoke chemical and sub-contract sales orders documentation and transport
- Manage and progress Weld Cleaning Equipment and Accessory Orders, including maintaining stock levels, preparing paperwork, organising despatch and liaising with Customers for despatch and invoice of orders.
- Manage the maintenance of the credit control system
- Co-ordinate the recording of Chemical Department stocks
- Run and maintain all documentation and records relating to the weekly payroll for the Group including the End of Year close down with Pegasus Opera software provider.
- Be the responsible person for GDPR legislation compliance
- Maintain and monitor the performance of carriers used by the Group
- Assist in the upkeep and development of Group management business systems
- Undertake internal audits of the Group's Management system when required
- Carry out front line reception and Post Master duties.
- Assist in the management of the Enquiry to Quotation Register
- Provide admin support to the production department when there is a demand.
- Support the company to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
Safety and environment
- To Act as Office Health & Safety Representative
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Conduct working practices within the company's Quality/Environmental/Health & Safety Management processes and procedures
Qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge
- Proven accounts administration experience is essential (a bookkeeping qualification would be beneficial)
- Customer care experience.
- Good IT skills required.
- Display honesty, integrity, commitment, flexibility and patience
- Be a team player, self-motivated and methodical.
- Able to problem solve and work independently.
- 25 days holidays plus 8 Bank Holidays pa.
- Private health insurance
- Company pension scheme on satisfactory completion of a 6 month trial period
Note: The Company places the highest priority on employee safety and employees will be expected to work safely at all times, proactively contributing to the continued improvement in health and safety performance.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Officer, Accounts Officer, Finance Support, Finance Clerk, Financial Administrator, Finance Administrator, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Office Administrator, Business Support Assistant will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Accounts Administrator / Finance Assistant / Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly