Design Engineer (Structures)
Design Engineer (Structures)
Our client is an exciting new company that’s looking to change how the public views and uses the aviation industry. Their mission is to make air travel personal, on-demand and carbon-free.
They’re now looking for a Design Engineer to join their fast-growing company and support the development of their aircraft.
- Competitive salary
- Performance-based bonus structure
- Pension contributions of up to 5%
- Rewards system (equates to 4% of annual salary) which can be used for a number of benefits
- Free breakfast, tea, coffee and fruit every day
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key part in the creation of a new aircraft with the potential to transform the aviation industry.
You will join a talented and fresh-thinking team who are striving to deliver performance, ideas and concepts that make a real difference.
Our client believes that great engineering is about the elegance and efficiency of doing more with less. So, if you want to think outside the box, push the boundaries of what is considered normal and have the freedom to explore and develop your ideas, this is the role for you.
As a Design Engineer, you will support the development of our client’s aircraft.
In this key role, you will:
- Create conceptual and detailed composite and metallic structures for novel aircraft configurations
- Define component and system requirements
- Work closely with Engineers from other disciplines and external partners to deliver highly integrated design solutions
- Help to manage suppliers and manufacturers
- Complete composites-related R&D projects and support test activity
- Create technical documentation for internal and external audiences
To be considered as a Design Engineer, you will need:
- Experience and proficiency in at least one modern CAD package and PLM system
- Strong fundamental knowledge of lightweight structures and composites
- Knowledge of current and developing aircraft structural technology
- A working knowledge of GD&T and drawing creation
- A Bachelor’s degree in an aerospace or mechanical engineering discipline or equivalent
An understanding of surface modelling techniques would be beneficial, as would experience of the following: designing and manufacturing composite structures, certifying to aerospace standards or developing components, equipment of systems to aerospace (or similar) standards.
It would also be an advantage if you had experience of communicating with management, as well as technical and business teams to collect requirements, describe product features and technical designs.
The successful candidate will be required to provide proof that they have the right to work in the UK.
Webrecruit and our clientsare equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.