Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant / PA
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the Managing Director
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 depending on experience + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Exceptionally busy and demanding Managing Director (MD) requires a Personal Assistant (PA) to support him in being effectual across his constantly developing and fast paced companies.
This is a new position and in part will evolve over time as you progress. This is a key role which you can make your own with the right mindset. You will be required to use your own initiative and be prepared to throw yourselves in from day one!
The right person will be:
- Striving to exceed expectations daily
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acting as a 'gatekeeper' to the MD to ensure interruptions are minimised
- To take all phone calls for the MD and as directed by the Board Directors
- Strong secretarial skills are required as you will be dealing with incoming emails, faxes and post; often corresponding on behalf of the Director
- Taking dictation and meeting minutes when required to provide an accurate, confidential and timely record
- Full Diary Management, including full preparation for daily business activities
- Arrangement and coordination of all internal/external meetings
- Meeting and greeting visitors of all levels of seniority and remaining professional always
- Taking control of paperwork and forward-planning for timely production of general meeting notes, board papers, PowerPoint presentations and reports
- Arrange working lunches as appropriate
- Sitting in on confidential meetings where you will be trusted to treat your role with the strictest confidence
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Develop effective filing systems as directed by the Directors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and you can develop productive, long lasting relationships at all levels
- Confident, firm but fair approach to be always demonstrated
- Due to where the role sits you will be privy to highly confidential information so this role will require the utmost confidentiality
- Organising refreshments as required
- You may also need to provide support across the companies tight knit, busy, hard-working senior management team to a lesser extent
Role Specific duties:
- Mindful always of where further value can be added
- Understanding of leadership challenges and approaches within a complex organisation
- Preparing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations in support of the Director's work
- You'll have opportunities to be involved with marketing, HR, Office Management or in any way that you can see your skill set being utilised. It will be partly up to you to use your skills and initiative
- Ideally you will have a strong degree in a traditional or academic subject (or equivalent) or as a very minimum 3 A-Levels at grades A-C
- Excellent spelling and grammar with the ability to check for mistakes, you will always be representing the MD
- Shorthand would be useful although the ability to take accurate notes with action points is the key skillset required
- You must be able to work to deadlines and work with constantly evolving priorities.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prioritise tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Credible and influential that can operate in a matrix environment and deliver at pace
- High level of computer literacy, including a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some exposure to the construction industry would be beneficial but not essential
- Excellent communication and influencing skill, we expect a covering letter that will sell you as something special!
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Company funded Bupa health plan after qualifying period
- Tea & coffee provided
- Group Pension Scheme.
- Company funded activities at Christmas and in the summer.
- Development Programme, up to 100% funding for development programmes.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience and relevant job titles of; Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Senior PA, Executive PA, EA, Executive Assistant to CEO may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant / PA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly