Food and Beverage Team Leader
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for the next step in your career and the opportunity to take on a role that will support you in developing as a team leader and duty manager?
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll take on a newly created role and be an essential member of our food and beverage team.
Who are we?
Located in the heart of Manchester, The Union is part business, part charity, part membership body. Operating independently from Manchester Metropolitan University, our aim is to support and represent each one of our student members. Each year our growing team of over 70 full time and up to 150 part time staff, work alongside elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and help fulfil student potential.
Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of 550 students’ unions across the country. And we’re one of the most exciting - with over 38,000 student members and 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy.
What’s the job?
Working with our busy Union Bar, you will support the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager in the day-to-day operational management of our licensed trade and food and beverage service.
- Focussed on customer service and with excellent product knowledge, you will help to ensure that The Union Bar is effectively managed and provides optimal quality value for money products and services.
- In the absence of the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, you’ll have the confidence to act as duty manager.
What are we looking for?
- You’ll have previous experience of working in a bar, catering or licensed venue to supervisory level and be willing to undertake training in duty management support.
- With excellent interpersonal skills, you will be able to build appropriate relationships with people at all levels and effectively lead a team of student staff.
- Someone organized and methodical, you will have a good understanding of stock and cellar management.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
Interested? Please visit our website for more information.
To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter via the apply button.
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday, 28th August 2019.
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview during the week commencing Monday, 2nd September 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
Apply for Food and Beverage Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly