4 days left
- Full Time
Are you excited by the opportunity to take on a newly created role in our busy Conferencing and Events department?
With responsibility for the management of sound, lighting & visuals for events and the coordination of technical crew, this role could be the next step in your career.
Who are we?
Located in the heart of Manchester, The Union is part business, part charity, part membership body. Operating independently from Manchester Metropolitan University, our aim is to support and represent each one of our student members. Each year our growing team of over 70 full time and up to 150 part time staff, work alongside elected student leaders to make change, improve lives and help fulfil student potential.
Winner of the NUS Campaigning Award 2017, The Union is one of 550 students’ unions across the country. And we’re one of the most exciting - with over 38,000 student members and 150 student groups, a huge range of services and a bold strategy.
What’s the job?
Working with our Conferencing and Events team, you will oversee the management of sound, lighting & visuals for events and other activity and the co-ordination and training of a student staff technical crew.
- You’ll deliver or supervise a team of casual student technical crew in the installation, programming, use and maintenance of all technical equipment, including sound, lighting and visual systems.
- You’ll play a key role in the provision of technical set-ups including rigging and de-rigging for a range of events for all of The Union’s departments and take a lead with the implementation of projects.
What are we looking for?
- A logical thinker with a problem solving approach, you’ll liaise with technical providers and suppliers to deliver events and production installs.
- With a customer-orientated approach to work; you’ll be committed to developing and maintaining the highest standards of customer care.
- Your knowledge of technical requirements and needs for live music/entertainment venues will support you in the recruitment, training and development of a team of casual student technical staff for The Union.
There has never been a better time to work for The Union. Based just off Oxford Road in the centre of vibrant Manchester, The Union will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
To apply, please visit our website via the apply button.
Closing date: Midday on Monday, 26th August 2019.
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview during the week commencing Monday, 2nd September 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different. Build a career with students’ unions.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.