Product Helpline Advisor
Product Helpline Advisor
Upton Park, Slough
Do you have excellent customer care skills backed up with first-rate verbal and written communication skills?
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the role
You’ll be the voice of NFER to schools who want to know more about our products or have a query about their orders. You’ll support our internal teams in dealing with product enquiries and providing product related support for schools. Key activities include:
- Providing an excellent level of customer care to schools, answering product enquiries from schools, local authorities and other organisations
- Resolving problems and queries with product orders, including tracking and resolving any courier delivery issues
- Supporting schools in the use of our products, including online systems
- Responding to emails from schools, local authorities and other organisations about our products
- Maintaining accurate records using spreadsheets and databases
- Assisting with invoices and payment chasing
To be successful in this role, you’ll need;
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Good organisation skills
- Good IT skills including Excel, Outlook and database use
- Good team working experience
- Attention to detail
- A flexible approach and a willingness to adapt to all tasks
- The ability to work on your own initiative and plan and prioritise work without constant supervision
- A minimum of five GCSEs including English and Maths, at Grade C/Grade 4 and above
You may have worked in a call centre, as a receptionist, or within retail or customer service as part of a team of customer advisers.
Other organisations may call this role Customer Service Advisor, Customer Care Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Call Centre Advisor, Call Centre Operative, Product Advisor, or Aftersales Service Advisor.
This role is 11 months per year from September to July and hours would be set around meeting product helpline service hours. This is likely to be 7 hours per day between 8.30am and 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Competitive salary FTE £19,820 - £22,309 (salary will be pro-rata)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days pro rata for this role
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Product Helpline Advisor, apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 18th August.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.