Smart Meter Dual Fuel Meter Engineer
Location: North East Postcodes
Salary: circa GBP35,000 OTE (GBP29,033 basic + up to GBP5,200 performance and safety related bonus)
Are you a skilled Engineer with experience in smart metering? Do you take pride in delivering exceptional customer service and want to work for a like minded company that recognises and rewards for exceptional standards?
Morrison Data Services are market leaders, focused on innovative solutions. Due to ongoing growth and the successful win of new national contracts, we are seeking Dual Fuel Meter Engineers, based across the whole UK to join our expanding team. MDS are at the forefront of driving positive change within the industry, with an underpinning dedication to health and safety, we strive to provide our clients with a seamless customer experience whilst enabling the installation of smart meters and associated equipment.
What is the role:
You will be field based, primarily installing smart meters (SMETS2) as part of the national roll out target for leading energy suppliers. Additional tasks include ongoing maintenance and emergency work on meter assets including helping customers meet challenges around managing their fuel usage. You'll be working to complete system driven appointments, through our in-house planning system via company provided tablet. We work to ensure the best customer service, and provide domestic appointments between 8am-8pm, Monday -Saturday, on a rota basis.
What we offer:
- A basic salary of GBP29,033
- An achievable bonus that rewards excellence in safety and outstanding customer service
- Competitive out of hours payments
- Company van and fuel card
- Pension scheme along with additional benefits
- 20 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Fully supplied with ppe, uniform and tools
- Ongoing training and development
- Mobile phone and tablet
- Access to employee forums where everyone's view is considered
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will have:
- Hold current CCN1/CMA1 & MET1 qualification or an equivalent aligned qualification.
- Previous MOCOPA experience to multi rate level (3 phase is beneficial). Training can be provided to candidates without electrical experience
- Ideally been registered on the EUSR portal (not essential)
- A current full UK driving license with no more than 6 penalty points
- Previous practical experience in a dual fuel role ideally but minimum experience working in a gas role
- A positive, can do attitude
- Great interpersonal skills that empowers customer relations as well as driving best practice and proactive change for the better
- Team spirit to assist colleagues and promote the company brand
- Experience of operating mobile IT hardware
- The ability to coach and develop others who are developing new skills and competencies