Group Liaison Officer
- Full Time
This role will mainly focus on working with and supporting our local groups but will require input and support to all volunteer activity into the regions. The post holder will work closely with the regional team in ensuring that volunteers get a positive and consistent experience of working as part of Diabetes UK.Package
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to GBP1,600 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working
- Discounts on gym membership and days out
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.Main Responsibilities
- To be the main point of contact and provide support to local groups to ensure that all processes relating to banking, keeping safe and legal, local groups agreement, KPI reporting are followed.
- Ensuring there is a consistent communication pathway and engagement between Diabetes UK and local groups and other volunteers.
- Working closely with fundraising colleagues to ensure that the Local Groups annual reporting and annual return of funds is implemented smoothly and seamlessly.
- Support the Senior Volunteer Development Lead in assessing and reporting on local groups' performance and welfare.
- Support the provision of training to meet the needs of local groups
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both written and over the phone. Good IT skills, including website and social media. Ability to manage own time and workload. Strong customer service skills. Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload efficiently as well as experience within compliance.