Training Compliance and Safety Manager
Becoming a Training Compliance and Safety Manager with Central Government Services:
Central Government Services are looking for a Training Compliance and Safety Manager to lead the training assurance function within the service, ensuring and assuring the compliance and safety of all training delivery benchmarked against stringent quality standards.
Work Location: Fully mobile with travel to various UK sites.
What you will do:
- Lead the training assurance function for the Programme, managing a team of Senior Compliance and Compliance posts.
- Establish the evaluation, audit and inspection ('Assurance') strategy, systems and processes IAW JSP 822 and then lead the training assurance function, monitoring and assuring Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) JSP 822 compliance across the organisation at all levels
- Produce the Training Quality Manual in conjunction with the Training Operations Manager, TE Delivery Manager and RINA consultants, and subsequently maintain its validity throughout the life of the project
- Develop and own the QIP and its processes, from a TPMO perspective, to ensure implementation of a continuous improvement culture throughout the organisation
- Develop and own the SAR and its processes, from a TPMO perspective, to ensure that self-assessment is relevant and accurate
- Monitor and assure the safety of all training activities across the organisation to ensure compliance with JSP 815 - Defence Health, Safety and Environmental Protection and JSP 375 MoD Health and Safety Handbook
- Lead first party audit and inspection of training delivery provider processes and procedures
- Lead 1st Party audit and inspection of distributed, workplace and maintenance of competence training
- Assure training is in compliance with the Training Requirements Authority's (TRA's) specific requirements
- Act as lead SME for the qualification and development of workplace assessors (DWTs), supported by the TE Quality Manager as required
- Support the production of a Commander's Risk Assessment and Supervisory care directive for Chain of Command endorsement
- Represent Capita within the Defence environment on in-scope training compliance
- Create and sustain positive relations and collaborative partnerships with the full range of stakeholders in order to understand their training requirements, and support, sustain and develop the training service
- Maintain a strong professional awareness of Defence, regulatory and industry matters and ensures adherence to all relevant laws, policies, regulation and guidance
About Central Government Services
Capita has been a trusted partner of many central government departments and agencies for 30 years. We've delivered innovative and efficient ways of working that have helped the government to cut costs while improving the quality of service to the public. We offer flexible and bespoke service delivery arrangements to meet the challenges involved in transforming public services and to secure specific policy outcomes within budget. We also look to design solutions in ways that meet government's wider policy objectives such as increasing transparency, digital service access, opportunities for SMEs, workforce skills and economic growth.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Vicky McCabe on for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.