Our client is looking for an Aviation Coordinator for a contract position (1 month initially), located in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Aviation Team Lead, the Aviation Coordinator will be part of the Aviation Team that ensures that materials and personnel are delivered to and returned from offshore installations safely and on time. They will work with our Asset Planners, aviation services providers and offshore personnel to optimise the use of our scheduled Fixed Wing & Helicopter flights to our offshore installations
- Optimise utilisation of personnel and aircraft capacity to minimise cost of service delivery
- Ensure that the Aviation SLA / Scorecards are kept up-to-date
- Work with Asset Planners to minimise ad hoc flights, and obtain authorisation where an ad-hoc flight cannot be avoided
- Participate in out-of-hours rota, which provides out of hours on-call cover for aviation issues and emergency response
- Ensure that all processes relating to Aviation Management are adhered to and improve service and cost effectiveness where required
- Participate in accident and incident investigation where required
- Provide input to:
- Development of aviation solutions for new projects and assets
- Monthly Logistics Performance Report
- Contingency planning of flights in event of delays
- Arrangement of ad hoc flights
- Day to day management of aviation service
Essential Experience / Qualifications
- Vantage Training and Qualification
- Can demonstrate significant experience in offshore personnel planning
- Has out of hours and emergency response experience for Aviation support
- An excellent understanding of current legislation and industry best practice in all aspects of Aviation Logistics
- An excellent understanding of Aviation Cost Allocation
- Ideally, experience from both a service and client perspective in an Aviation role
- Commitment to continuous improvement and comfortable performing in an evolving work environment
- Able to lead by example in rigorously applying company standards and procedures
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable track record in successfully supporting installations with aviation support in an effective and productive manner
- Presents self in a professional manner appropriate to the role and company standards
- Good organisational skills, SMART working methods and can demonstrate personal effectiveness in previous roles
- Comfortable in working outside firm line management boundaries in a goal oriented working environment
- Self-motivated team player with ability and desire to take responsibility and drive workloads to effective resolution.
- Ability to contribute to the team but equally work on own initiative.
- Actively shares company vision and encourages others to participate in finding solutions
- Drives effective information sharing. Helps others build their networks and use a range of contacts inside and outside company.
- Able to make effective decisions quickly. Identifies problems and stakeholders and drives resolution in a timely fashion
- Identifies aviation bottlenecks and works with the business to remove them.
- Initiates change where required, assessing risks and rewards