Subsea Trees and Wellheads Supervisor
Our client is looking for a Subsea Trees and Wellheads Supervisor for a 12 month contract position, located offshore - North Sea.
- Responsible for offshore planning, logistics, supervision, and documentation of the execution of Subsea well work activities (specifically installation and recovery of Wellheads, flow bases, tubing hangers and subsea trees).
- Work closely with the Front Line Barrier Managers (Drilling Supervisor and or Completion Supervisor), Well Engineers and Operations Team Leads to make well work decisions/recommendations including, as appropriate, selection and optimization of services; operational techniques, operational efficiencies, and management of project risks. Provide input on well programs, work site instructions including details around HSSE, well control, equipment, contractors, etc.
- Thorough understanding of criticality of well barriers pertaining to subsea operations.
- Responsible for ensuring HSSE is integrated in the procedure and execution of Subsea operations. Ensure the integration of Assist & Assure with offshore crews, actively engage and lead A&A program with crew.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members to deliver best-in-class performance in HSSE, cost, and time relating to subsea operations.
- Responsible for the supervision of WHXT service contractors during offshore operations. Provide input and suggestions on Subsea service contracts to enable high performance. Serve as a focal point for HSSE management with the Subsea contractors and the evaluation of service quality.
- Responsible for championing operational performance improvement initiatives relating to subsea operations. Support the implementation of new technologies as part of the performance improvement process.
- Maintain communication with key subsea stakeholders and leading by example in ensuring integration with other departments as necessary
- Participation in well planning events such as Well on Paper, Pre-job meetings, Value Challenge events if onshore during scheduled working time.
- Participation in SITs, site visits and pre-mobilisation equipment checks if onshore during scheduled working time.
- Provide input to daily report during offshore operations.
- Provide end of well lessons learnt reports
- Type of units: Primarily drilling rig (Anchored Semi sub with guideline system), potentially also Light Well Intervention Vessel
- Location: based in the field
- On-site Time Requirements: 2x2 week rotation offshore based during preparation and installation of Subsea components, time to be managed across shifts to ensure presence for critical operations. During periods of no offshore subsea activity, supervisor is expected to work in the office during "on" time, aiding in the planning and preparation of work
- Well Environment: Shallow water
- High regulatory requirements: Yes
- Front Line Barrier Manager HSE Critical Role: No
- H2S: No
- High Pressure, High Temperature: Possible. Largely NPNT
- Artificial Lift: Yes (gas lift subsea trees)
- Coaching of Junior Staff: Yes
- All offshore certification and training required for travel to installations
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in the running and troubleshooting of the following BHGE (Vetco) and OneSubsea (Cameron) equipment:
- Subsea Wellheads and associated tools
- Flow bases and associated tools
- Dual bore riser system (LRP/EDP, stress joint, riser joints tension joint, surface test tree etc)
- IWOC system (HPU, 35 Core umbilical & reeler, 12 core umbilical & reeler, ESDs etc)
- Dual bore vertical subsea trees and tree caps (BHGE SG5 & MS700, OSS STM-15)
- Dual bore tubing hangers using THROT and THERT (also TH recovery)
- Demonstrable knowledge of ROV tooling (single point, dual point and manipulator deployed tooling)