My client based near Truro is looking for a Field Technician to join their team ASAP on and temp to perm basis.
Experience would be preferred but not essential because full training would be given.
A Full UK driving licence will be required for this position.
Reporting to the Operations Coordinator, to:
- · install, maintain and operate field equipment.
- · carry out a variety of individual and team operations in order to carry out various tasks including:
o Flow Surveys,
o Flow and Load Surveys,
o Infiltration Surveys
o Site-specific tasks to Client specifications
- · carry out sampling of potable and waste water in accordance with Company operating and Health & Safety procedures so that client expectations and deadlines are met in a cost effective and timely manner.
- · provide operational support as required.
KEY TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To operate and maintain relevant equipment, including:
o Flow Monitors
o Isodaq Data Loggers
o Velocity & Depth Monitors
- · Visit specified sites and sampling locations and take samples in accordance with the sampling schedule as determined by the Operations Manager.
- · Complete appropriate paperwork in accordance with Company procedures including sample sheets, calibration records, reports and other site records as required.
- · Transport samples to laboratories as necessary and in accordance with set procedures.
- · Clean, maintain and calibrate all sampling equipment and portable instruments as required.
- · Plan daily sampling runs so that samples are taken in a cost effective and timely manner.
- · Ensure samples are taken in accordance with Company, water authority and Environment Agency sampling procedures.
- · Ensure sample programmes are carried out in accordance with company Quality, Environmental and H&S procedures.
- · To operate waste water treatment plants when required.
- · Other activities as necessary.
- To understand Health & Safety Policies, Lone Working Arrangements, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and Company Policies relating to all field operations.
- To be aware of and comply with Partnership Companies working regulations.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- To be able to think laterally, problem solve and use own initiative to react to various onsite problems in order to fulfil project requirements.
- To work alone as well as part of a team.
- To be flexible with working arrangements and time management.
- Knowledge of Waste Water Operations, and desire to further develop knowledge.
- Confined Space Entry.
- First Aid.
- Health and Safety Awareness.
- Potable & wastewater sampling techniques
- Induction for Legionella Awareness
- Use of portable measuring equipment
- Committed to team working and self development to optimise performance.
- Exercises initiative whilst keeping Manager & team members informed.
- Capable of clear and concise communication.
- Computing skills.
If you meet the criteria above and can start immediately please send you CV in the first instance.
Apply for Field Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly