1 day left
- Full Time
Would you like the opportunity to help develop a landmark pub in the heart of Manchester?
The Union, Manchester Met, working with Bollington Brewing Company, run The Salutation which is one of Manchester’s most historic pubs, one of only two in the city with original 1840’s décor.
Working within an inclusive, empowering and aspirational culture, you’ll be instrumental in raising the profile of The Salutation by championing service excellence, quality real and craft ales, creating an events and promotions programme and by using social media to increase online presence.
With over 170 years of history, The Salutation is widely known as one of Manchester’s most historic pubs. This venue boasts an authentic Victorian décor all restored from its original state.
In 2011, Manchester Metropolitan University purchased the pub from Punch Taverns and in June 2013, The Union took control of running the pub to re-establish its reputation as a city landmark.
In the summer of 2014, a £235,000 refurbishment of the building took place, which saw many of the original features retained to restore the character and ambience of the pub. During this time, the letting rooms upstairs were converted into function rooms available to book for all types of meetings and intimate events.
We are now looking to affirm our commitment to real and craft ale from Bollington Brewing Co and other independent local breweries, and with a further ground floor refurbishment taking place, we want to make the Salutation a must visit pub on anyone’s bucket list.
What’s the job?
We are looking for someone to support the Salutation Manager in the management of beverage and food operations at The Salutation, act as duty manager in their absence and help grow the customer base.
- With a strong commitment to highest standards of customer care, you’ll supervise the staff team, ensuring that The Salutation is welcoming and demonstrate personal integrity and professionalism at all times.
- With experience of a similar role, you will be responsible for booking entertainment, managing stock and assets, looking after the cellar, and compliance with licensing requirements.
Who you are?
- Above all else, you will have a passion for, and maintain an excellent understanding of, all things associated with the hospitality industry.
- Be passionate about real and craft ales.
- Independent and self-reliant, you will already have experience of duty management in a high-volume licensed trading environment and will be able to manage your own working time and workload and that of your staff team effectively.
- Being customer-orientated; you will have a flexible approach to working in line with operational and customer demand.
- Your professional and courteous manner, combined with your excellent interpersonal skills, enable you to build relationships and work effectively with people at all levels.
- You have a keen understanding of cellar management, drink dispense systems and the principles of food safety and health and safety in a pub, bar or nightclub environment.
There has never been a better time to work for us. Based just off Oxford Road in the centre of vibrant Manchester, we will train you thoroughly, reward you well and encourage you to build a long-term career that inspires you.
The exact opposite of corporate, we’re progressive, creative individuals working to make a difference in unconventional workplaces. In return for your passion and experience, we offer the flexibility for work-life balance, a competitive salary for the non-profit sector and excellent holiday allowance. We’re absolutely open to considering requests for job-share or part-time working.
Interested? Please visit our website for further information.
To apply, please send us your CV along with a covering letter via the apply button.
Closing date: Midday on Tuesday, 20th August 2019.
If you’re successfully shortlisted, we’ll see you at an interview on Friday, 23rd August 2019.
Work somewhere professional, but different.
We want to support diverse and inclusive work environments and are actively looking for people who share our values.
We’re committed to equality of opportunity for all. We welcome applications from individuals regardless of their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, or disability status.
Apply for Salutation Supervisor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly