Specification and Artwork Co-ordinator (NPD, Food) BLUS86365
Our client is a c£160million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
Their products include, high end celebration cake products, slab cakes and mainstream desserts, and they mostly supply Marks & Spencer’s although they also supply major retailers including Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s Co-op and Aldi and Morrisons.
They are a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and strong relationship with its customers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality.
They currently have a vacancy for a Specification and Artwork Co-ordinator working as part of their busy NPD team at the Oldham site responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of Specifications Technologists
- Act as a key point of contact for customer and internal specifications and artwork enquires
- Liaise with M&S, Ashbury and Schawk and internal stakeholders to confirm batching dates and ensure that specifications and artwork adhere to critical path
- Monitoring and allocation of work load within the specifications team
- Work with the NPD Procedures Manager to promote consistent ways of working within the department
- Drive continuous improvement within the department
- Support the integration of Recipe Professor within the NPD department
- Upload and maintain product detail accuracy on the internal specification systems
- Upload product details onto customer internet based systems
- Action and monitor product change authorisations
- Review and approval of customer artwork both internally and with the customer
- Champion of retailer codes of practice and food legislation.
- Monitor and review key department KPI’s.
- Champion and monitor internal specification accuracy and submissions
Attributes and Experience:
- Accuracy and attention to detail is vital and experience of working in environments that are based upon high detail/proof reading/accurate data transfer is essential
- Experience of customer internet specifications and artwork systems essential
- High level administration including an aptitude for working with systems
- Evidence of planning workloads and prioritisation
- Must be fully competent with pc packages
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to influence
- Experience of working towards tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy is vital
- Able to communicate clearly, fluently and openly with all levels of the internal and external business, both written and verbal.
- Proactive, keen, eager with a hands-on approach
- Desire to champion retailer codes of practice and legislation.
- At least 3 years experience within a specifications based role
- Full understanding of M&S specifications and artwork systems essential
- Ability to make decisions
Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5:00pm, Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Money purchase pension scheme with 2% contribution of salary
- Discount scheme for online and High Street Shopping
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Specification and Artwork Co-ordinator (NPD, Food) BLUS86365
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly