2 days left
- Full Time
£31,911 - £35,858 per annum plus van and hand tools
Do you want the opportunity to join one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands and make a real difference to the lives of our client’s residents?
Our client is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region they manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 500,000 hours of care and support each year.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join their vibrant and committed team. They are looking for a Technical Inspector to provide a high quality, comprehensive maintenance service to their stock. They are looking for people who are driven and have a clear focus on delivering excellent services, are able to manage a variety of challenging tasking and thrive in a demanding but rewarding environment.
The Technical Inspector will be responsible for carrying out a range of technical inspections and surveys including pre/post inspections and stock condition surveys to ensure the quality of their properties. You will use your findings to create detailed specifications of work to inform of work that needs to be carried out and project costings. You will act as a point of contact for any technical queries or updates for their internal and external customers.
The ideal candidate for this role have extensive experience of working in a Maintenance or Construction environment and ideally a HNC/NVQ level 4 in Building or an associated discipline. As such, you will be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of building processes, CDM, Asbestos and defects provisions. You will currently have (or be working towards) a valid SSSTS, FDIS, HHSRS. A confident communicator, you will have a good level of numeracy and literacy skills and will have proven success of managing the delivery of customer focussed services.
Due to the nature of the role a driving licence is essential for the post.
In return for your values, skills and experience, they have a fantastic benefits package to offer you:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the company and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at the company
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates.