Plant / Workshop Manager
Plant / Workshop Manager
ABLE Seaton Port, Tees Road, Hartlepool, County Durham
As a market leader in marine decommissioning, ABLE UK operates a number of ports and is a major land owner and developer functioning across the North of England. We have recently welcomed the second Shell Brent platform to our Able Seaton Port (ASP) in Hartlepool.
We are seeking to develop a new 240-acre facility which would initially provide two adjacent offshore wind installation bases. ASP was the facility selected for the installation of the foundation package for the Hornsea One offshore wind farm, and from September 2020 it will undertake the same role for the Triton Knoll turbine package.
Due to ongoing growth, we are now seeking an experienced Plant / Workshop Manager to join our team in Hartlepool.
- Highly competitive salary
- 21 days’ holiday per annum plus public holidays (rising to 25 with service)
- Competitive benefits package DOE
- Join the company at an exciting time of growth
If you’re a plant professional with impressive management experience, this is a great opportunity to utilise your expertise with an ambitious and successful organisation.
Here at ABLE UK, we know our success is down to the commitment of those we employ. We’re always on the lookout for those who believe in our strong values of hard work, common sense and discipline to share our success and grow as we do.
So, if you want to embark on a new challenge and contribute to our vision of obtaining full economic potential, we want to hear from you.
As a Plant / Workshop Manager, you will effectively lead and oversee a team of multi-skilled operators and maintenance engineers.
Your role will involve:
- Managing the plant, equipment and operators
- Maintaining road vehicles
- Advising senior management on either the purchase or sale of plant machinery
- Ensuring the plant and equipment service is provided to the group as required
- Internal cost allocation and management
To be considered as a Plant / Workshop Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working within a plant environment
- Management experience (ideally gained within plant services)
- Repairs experience
- Experience of managing a team of multi-skilled operators and maintenance engineers
- Strong communication skills
Other organisations may call this role Plant Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager, Port Production Manager, Site Manager, Workshop Manager, Workshop Production Manager or Plant Services Manager.
Webrecruit and ABLE UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you want to join us as a Plant / Workshop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.