Consumer Writer (Affiliates) - Mirror Online
Reach PLC is looking for a consumer writer to work on Mirror , but may also involve writing for some of our other platforms on an ad-hoc basis.
The right candidate will be part of our Content Commercialisation team, writing e-commerce content covering a range of consumer and lifestyle topics that will drive traffic and affiliate revenue.
Our ambition is to expand our wealth of consumer content on Mirror and offer our audience authoritative, engaging and informative buying guides, deals and news stories about products they are interested in and want to buy.
If you are a writer with lots of entrepreneurial flair, commercial awareness and you are bursting with lots creative ideas we want to hear from you.
We are Reach because it's what we do.
Every day our newsbrands - national and regional, in print and online - reach millions of people up and down the country. We are the UK's largest news publisher, with influential national newsbrands such as the Daily Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday People, Daily Record, OK! & New! Magazines and more than 100 distinguished regional titles.
Our brands have a long heritage of being trusted sources of news and information, with our editorial conviction and high standards of journalism providing audiences with timely information and opinion across multiple platforms.
Last year we sold 620 million newspapers, with 5 million readers of one of our brands each month. Our network of over 70 websites provide 24/7 coverage of news, sport and showbiz stories, with 8 billion page views per year.
We average 21 million mobile visitors - that's 60% of the entire mobile market. Each month we attract over 32 million unique visitors. That's more than our competitors. You will help us further increase our digital audience into 2019.
- A journalist with solid writing ability and proven experience working on a digital platform (ideally minimum of 1 years experience).
- Has a solid understanding and interest in consumer trends and the hottest new products.
- Works to a high standard under tight deadlines and is flexible in approach and attitude to work.
- Has good working knowledge of SEO and an ability to generate daily stories using the latest search trends is a must.
- A solid list of PR contacts is advantageous.
- A data geek who can confidently use a range of analytical tools (Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Semrush, Omniture or similar) to drive revenue and traffic.
- Commercially switched on and an excellent communicator.
- Good design sense and basic Photoshop skills favourable.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be a part of a small yet dynamic team that creates interesting and engaging editorial content that drives affiliate revenue.
- Work with our wider editorial, social and SEO teams at Mirror to deliver content that is on brand and seamlessly integrates commerce and content whilst driving traffic.
- Act as an evangelist for the concept of content commercialisation within the wider business, providing support and best practice guidelines to wider editorial teams when required.
- Supporting the commercial partnerships team by creating compelling content that drives users to our partner services.
- Track revenue and conversion of content created and provide reports and insights for the wider teams.
- Confidently use branded social media platforms to promote content.
In addition to competitive salaries, 25 days holiday and a contributory pension scheme, Reach plc have a wealth of flexible benefits on offer. These include holiday purchase up to ten days per year, cycle scheme, a technology scheme in conjunction with Curry's PC World, car scheme, health cash plan, employee loans and lots of high street discounts! Our business is fully committed to health and wellbeing in the workplace with an employee assistance programme and trained mental health first aiders across the business.
Reach plc believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don't delay in submitting your application.
On submitting your application you should receive a confirmation email - if you do not please contact us at