As an expanding Top 30 accountancy business, our central finance team play a vital role in managing the firm’s financial operations. We are now looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to join our established team.
Confident in processing a high volume of transactions and performing bank reconciliations in a fast paced environment, this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your career.
Recognised as a 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Company to work for, and recently described by a judge “as one of the best businesses that he has ever judged”, Bishop Fleming’s core values are built around providing our staff with a great environment to work in and giving our clients an outstanding level of service.
Our focus towards employee wellbeing will ensure that you maintain a healthy work-life balance whilst being part of an expanding business that is demonstrating excellent year on year growth with over 350 staff based across 7 offices.
Supporting and assisting the internal finance team, your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting finance team initiatives such as the centralisation of cashiering and introducing new client payment methods
- Recording and allocating incoming payments from clients
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Arranging sales invoices and credit notes
- Responding to queries from clients and staff
- Supporting the Credit Controller in producing debtor statements
- Carrying out and recording fortnightly staff expense payment runs
What we are looking for
To be considered for the role, you will have:
- AAT Qualification or Part Qualified (or equivalent) with previous experience of working as a Cashier or Finance Assistant within a large finance function
- Ideas and suggestions on ways to improve our transactional finance processes
- Strong IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure including at times of system and process change
Please contact Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager or Frances Teague; Finance Director if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We recognise the importance of offering our employees flexibility in how they work. This may include working from home some of the time or flexible working arrangements such as part time working to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We are a responsible employer - committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our ‘One Business’ approach aims to provide a culture where our people are valued and treated fairly with respect, but also one where our differences are understood and celebrated.
We hope that these objectives will attract you to our firm as an employer of choice.