Lead Shift Technician
5 days left
- Full Time
Lead Shift Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for enthusiastic, motivated Engineers to work for ENGIE at one of the largest car manufacturers, Mini BMW in Oxford, producing more than 650 customised MINI vehicles daily!
ENGIE are recruiting for 1 Lead Shift Technician to be based at BMW Oxford Plant.
This is a permanent full time role working average 38.5 hours per week - the shift required is a four on four off rota pattern.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To lead the Mechanical and Electrical shift team and to carry out all PPM and reactive repairs as necessary.
- Responsible for all minor installations and maintenance of site Mechanical and Electrical systems
- Diagnose and repair faults on systems and plant including basic mechanical and plumbing system fault finding
- Complete the relevant paperwork and report diligently.
- Responsible for all record keeping, control of sub-contractors and raising and issuing of safety documentation as required.
- Ability to work in a customer focused environment where quality and image is very important.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated.
- Ensure that any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Engineering Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure all record keeping functions are completed on a daily basis or as required.
- Ensure all work is carried out to the highest standards of workmanship and safety.
- Understanding of company procedures.
- Understanding of escalation procedures.
- RAMS & Permit to Work
- To evaluate performance and ensure the proper servicing and maintenance of equipment under contract to the company is carried out.
Required Qualifications or Experience:
- A recognised industry Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services qualification will be required and previous experience is essential.
- Note: all below depending on if Electrically or Mechanically biased
- Plumbing & Pipework
- Pressure Systems
- IPAF 3a & 3b
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Legionella Awareness
- Knowledge of LV Electrical systems
- Proficient in use of IT software Word/Excel etc.
Not Essential but an advantage:
- Gas Safe Qualified
- FGas Qualified
- AP15 - HV Qualified up to 11KV
- AP12 - LV Qualified
- IEE 18th Edition
- 2391 City & Guilds Inspection & Testing (or equivalent), Confined Space, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers