Product Designer / Illustrator / Design - Toy Company
Job Title: Designer / Illustrator
Location: St Columb Major, Cornwall, TR9 6SX
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Based in Cornwall, this is a global toy company that exists to make children happy. The team has innovation in their DNA and are famous for the design, development and manufacture of award winning toys that continue to disrupt the market! They dominate in categories including collectables, craft, dolls, games and youth electronics and is consistently recognised as the most creative company in the industry.
The family run business disrupted the toy industry with the global phenomenon pintsized characters, reinvigorating the way children play. The success of the company extends to the development of content, entertainment and global licensing deals. They have over 400 staff and distributes to over 100 countries.
People are their greatest asset - they strive to create a culture where employees not only feel valued and empowered, but continue to enhance and grow their careers. The team is insightful, experienced and creative, with a playful sense of adventure that makes them a unique company to work for.
Right now there's an exciting opportunity to join their enthusiastic, lively and dedicated design team based in Cornwall. They're keen to hear from experienced designers or illustrators with an eye for popping visuals and illustrative flair, a skilled hand with Adobe Illustrator, proficiency in the rest of Creative Suite and equally happy drawing with pencil and paper.
Toy industry experience is not essential but passion, a proactive and creative approach with a genuine enthusiasm for design is key; supported by an interesting and varied portfolio demonstrating proven experience. In addition to peerless creativity, you'll have the personality to fit in seamlessly with their lively and dedicated Product Team.
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE:
- A desire to live in Cornwall
- A great portfolio brimming with passion and great design
- An enthusiasm and energy for Design
- Strong presentation skills
- An eye for layout and a hand for Illustration
- Capable drawing by hard
- Quick and highly capable in Adobe illustrator
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Be comfortable working solo or in a team
- Experience designing across a broad range of materials
- A love of toys and be comfortable adopting a playful approach to their work
- Awareness of commerciality, ergonomics and other factors affecting the feasibility of a design
- Experience in the rest of Creative Suite and office products
- Ability to articulate and communicate ideas effectively
Would also be NICE TO HAVE:
- Design Degree
- Direct toy industry experience
- Magic Marker or Digital Painting skills
- Experience working with licensed Assets (e. Disney)
- Character design experience
In return the Company provides a surprisingly dynamic and fast-paced environment with excellent learning and development opportunities in a fun and supportive environment.
This role could suit an Illustrator, Product Designer or Graphic Designer depending on experience, ambition and aptitude.
Please note, to apply for this position all applicants must submit either a portfolio or recent examples of work to the email address provided when you click the APPLY button.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
No agencies. Direct applicants only please.
Candidates with experience of: Design Assistant, Product Innovator, Illustration, Product Designer, Product Development, Design Technician, Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Product Designer / Illustrator / Design - Toy Company
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly