Regional Funding Manager
TWI is one of Europe’s largest, independent, not-for-profit, membership-based research and technology organisations. Established in Cambridge, UK in 1946 and now has bases internationally in Europe, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Central Asia and the USA. TWI actively supports diversity and inclusion, and recognises the importance of creating a culture where everyone feels valued for the contribution they make.
Regional Funding Manager
TWI has a multi-disciplinary staff of specialist consultants, engineers, scientists, researchers and technicians dedicated to bringing engineering, materials, structural integrity management and joining techniques into the 21st century. Focused on bridging the gap between research and industry, TWI promotes the latest approaches following the digital revolution in industry.
Through its Innovation Network (TWIIN), TWI has a number of innovation centres and technology based programmes as part of a large portfolio of innovation activities. Innovation centres are joint industry-research partnerships between TWI and academia. Technology Acceleration Programmes see TWI collaborating with SMEs and TWI Industrial Members to focus on moving innovative concepts through to commercialisation. This position has been produced as part of an initiative known as Centre for Materials Integrity which is part funded by the Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The role requires an individual who is driven, passionate and has the long-term vision on addressing industrial challenges. The individual will be part of the TWIIN team, engaging with industry, academia and public funding bodies such as the European Commission, Innovate UK, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, European Regional Development Fund and Local Enterprise Partnership to meet the objectives and deliver on its vision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and lead the regional team within a complex matrix management structure, cutting across multiple technology groups, training and Certification.
- Represent TWI’s Middlesbrough office within the region, working with key politicians, MPs, Mayors and local authorities.
- Develop and implement a regional growth strategy which fits within the wider strategy for TWI and that complements the other regional offices.
- Identify and leverage national and regional grant funding opportunities.
- Build partnerships with funding organisations, universities and other research and catapult centres.
- Engage with local MPs and government committees to understand the local politics, priorities and vision.
- Provide technical knowledge to external organisations to enhance TWI’s reputation and develop new proposals.
- Exhibit good local knowledge and the ability to build effective relationships with key local partners. Have a clear understanding of the local politics, priorities and vision.
- Understand and disseminate your knowledge on public funding available to TWI colleagues.
- Conducts themselves in line with TWI’s values of teamwork, innovation, taking responsibility, customer focus, adaptability and respect.
Beneficial but not essential:
- Proven and significant record of working with government bodies.
- Demonstrable experience in writing and delivering both national and regional funded projects.
- Previous experience in developing and delivering government (local and national) engagement plans.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Excellent project management with focus on budgeting, planning and risk management.
- A higher education degree in an engineering or relevant subject
- Highly developed communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word and basic working proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel.
Based in Middlesbrough and the offered salary is competitive
Job Profile: Business Group Manager
Closing Date: Monday 19th August 2019
To find out more about TWI and our corporate culture please visit our website