5 days left
- Full Time
Welcome to the Salisbury Arms, your new home from home in the heart of Cambridge, where our love comes in threes! Think light crispy artisan pizza (cooked in our amazing wood-fired oven), warming one-pots of comfort food (bubbling mac n cheese anyone?) and pints of beer (crafted at our Grandfathers Brewery).
Our mad-cap journey started in 2015 when we unwrapped the Salisbury Arms in Cambridge and welcomed in the locals – having been named as “Best Pub in Cambridge”, from humble beginnings we have gained the confidence to share our unique hospitality.
Standing proud on Tenison Road and just 5 minutes walk from the train station; I’d guess you’d call us one big happy family who are always here when you want a drink or a bite to eat.
Your role as General Manager:
- Overall management of the pub, maintaining front and back of house standards to drive excellence in food and drink delivery
- Adhere to all legislative requirements for people, safety and licensing
- Delivering against key measures of sales, profit, and team retention whilst having fun along the way!
- Conduct regular stock control and compare to usage reports including waste records to identify opportunities for tighter control
- Drive food creativity and work with the Kitchen team to ensure effective margin and report on activity to drive improvements
- Create and maintain a motivated team with excellent standards identifying talent and ensuring succession
- Regular employee appraisals and implementation of performance management
What we are looking for:
You’ll be an experienced Pub or Restaurant General Manager or Assistant Manager ready for your 1st appointment who can hit the ground running, whilst demonstrating:
- A passion for the industry and the challenges that come with it
- Energy and motivation to successfully lead and inspire your team
- Entrepreneurial flair – know and understand your competitor’s and customers to implement and drive sales opportunities
- A can-do attitude and multi-tasker to ensure the right things are done on time
- A result driven and ambitious individual keen to develop your career and grow with us
What we will offer you:
In return, we will provide you with a great package including:
• Competitive salary & bonus
• Spacious self contained accommodation
• 28 days holiday
• Private Healthcare
• Life assurance
• Retail discounts
• Fun culture surrounded by a supportive team
We are the cheeky little brothers and sisters of Wells & Co. who have yet to grow up! Despite all the fun we have, we also take your personal development as seriously as we take our beer and food.
We think it’s time to wave goodbye to your previous jobs and say hello to your new career. Welcome to the Pizza, Pots & Pints family – we’re confident it’s where you belong!
If the above sounds like you we’d love to hear from you.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email
Apply for General Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly