Corporate Controller (Associate)
Job title: Corporate Controller (Associate)
Employer: Apollo Management International LLP
The position is at Associate level in the London Corporate Controllers team that is responsible for the UK/Europe/Asia/ India Corporate Management Companies within the Apollo Group. The role will be directly reporting into the Financial Controller Director, providing support in delivering and managing the accounting and other responsibilities of 9 International Management Companies in a range of jurisdictions.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Complete month and quarter end process, including bank reconciliations, journal entries, review of transactions for completeness and accuracy, balance sheet reconciliations, transfer pricing calculations and reporting preparation for 9 Management Company entities.
· Preparation and reconciliation of monthly management packs to be provided to Corporate Controller director.
· Review and reconciliation of annual financial statements for 9 International companies in multiple jurisdictions (HK, China, Spain, Germany, Mauritius, India) ensuring completeness and compliance with local statutory reporting requirements.
· Co-ordination with local auditors to ensure audited financial statements are completed in a timely manner to meet statutory reporting deadlines.
· Daily communication and co-ordination with local administrators to complete day-to-day operations, month/quarter end processes and any ad hoc requirements.
· Review and reconciliation of monthly/quarterly VAT/GST returns, including assessing the correct VAT/GST treatment of varying transactions.
· Review and reconciliation of local monthly/quarterly/annual tax filings, including but not limited to advance tax, CIT filings and Tax Deducted at Source (India specific).
· Co-ordination and communication with London Tax Team for all tax filings.
· Monitoring and assistance of the treasury with cash management activities of International entities.
· Maintenance of effective financial control processes including necessary documentation and appropriate procedures.
· Reconciliation of intercompany balances between multiple international entities.
· Day to day monitoring of accounts payable function (with focus on Indian entities), including correspondence with local Administrators, Vendors and Treasury.
· Review of shared services transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
· Assistance the Financial Controller Director with adhoc projects and tasks when and as they arise.
Qualification, skills and experience required
· ACA or equivalent accountancy qualification.
· 6+ years’ experience in accounting
· 2 years of relevant prior experience in a multi-currency Financial Services environment. Preferably, private equity.
· Proven record of a high level of technical accounting knowledge and skills across multiple jurisdictions. Preferably, experience and a sound understanding with:
o India GAAP;
o German GAAP;
o Spanish GAAP;
o Hong Kong HKFRSs;
o Chinese ASBEs;
o US GAAP; and
· Detailed understanding of Austrian GAAP and Taxes.
· Detailed understanding and experience in both Direct and Indirect Taxes; specifically, CIT, VAT/GST, Advance Tax and other regulatory reporting in the following countries:
o Hong Kong;
o China; and
· Experience of ONS reporting.
· Strong attention to detail/accuracy.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across teams and maintain a strong team based professional attitude.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with ability to communicate effectively at all levels, across multi jurisdictions and functions; including with both internal and external stakeholders.
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Work and Outlook.
· Experience with PeopleSoft financial management system.
How to apply
To apply: please apply through the apply button, provide your CV/resume and covering letter explaining your interest in and suitability to be considered for the role.
Date posted: 1 August 2019
Closing date: 29 August 2019
Apply for Corporate Controller (Associate)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly