- Full Time
Title: HGV Mechanic
Location: Bulford, Salisbury
Salary: GBP32,255 plus additional money and benefits
ARE YOU AN EX-MILITARY HGV VEHICLE MECHANIC?
DO YOU MISS YOUR MILITARY UNIFORM?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Our Client is looking to recruit an HGV Mechanic to maintain and service with specialist fleet of military vehicles based in Bulford Barracks, Salisbury. The successful applicant must become a Sponsored Reservist.
Please note that due to the requirement for you to become a Sponsored Reservist you will have to meet various criteria including health and fitness. Due to the nature of this role there will be a strong potential that successful candidates will travel overseas (in military uniform as a Sponsored Reservist) working in some challenging environments; therefore you must be willing to work away from home.
This opportunity would ideally be suited to personnel who have previously served in the Military as a vehicle mechanic i.e. British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force.
In return you will be joining an established company and benefit from a very competitive salary plus benefits listed below.
- Previous Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Mechanic knowledge is essential.
- Essential that you have a Class C driving licence, desirable if you have an HGV C+E licence.
- Must be a holder of an appropriate BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 qualification.
- All applicants for this position must be prepared to become a Sponsored Reservist.
- Previous Armed Forces service, i.e. Army, Royal Air Force (RAF) and Royal Navy, is highly desirable.
- Willingness to travel.
- GBP32,255 basic salary plus an additional annual Territorial Army bounty up to GBP2,507.
- Additional holiday.
- Regular, guaranteed monthly income.
- 28 days paid holiday, increasing with service.
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme with Employer contributions.