Technical and Regulatory Executive
- Full Time
Job Role: Technical and Regulatory Executive
Location: Central London
Salary: Up to GBP30k
Hunter Merrifield is excited to be working with a membership organisation that represents and advises UK food and drink manufacturers; they are the voice of the UK food and drink industry. They help their members operate in a highly regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness and profitability. Their job is to communicate their industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. They also work in partnership with key players in the food supply chain to ensure our food is safe, affordable and nutritious.
The Regulation, Science and Sustainability team provides a timely and expert service to members on technical and regulatory developments of interest to the UK food and drink industry. The team covers a wide range of issues including Allergens, Emerging Issues and Incident Management, Food Contact Materials, Food Hygiene, Food Ingredients, Food Law and Labelling, Residues and Contaminants and new technologies.
Our client have opened up a fantastic opportunity for a Technical and Regulatory Executive, playing a key role in supporting the work of various food safety and science Committees and working groups.
You will be reporting to the Head of Food Integrity and Policy, having responsibility for:
- Monitoring scientific, technical and regulatory developments, including the study and analysis of relevant UK Government, EU and Codex Alimentarius policies and proposals.
- Undertaking industry consultations, including data collation and analysis, and providing information and advice to members
- Assisting with the representation of policies to all appropriate external bodies. Developing, reviewing and implementing policy in respect of specified areas. Communicating policies clearly and accurately, by keeping members informed through appropriate channels and by ensuring that the relevant sections of the website are kept up-to-date.
- Preparation and circulation of committee and secretariat papers.
What experience do I need to be successful in this post?
To be considered for this role you will need knowledge of the food and drink industry and government bodies. The experience and key skills you will have:
- Technical expertise in food safety and regulatory issues
- Relevant experience in industry, trade association or similar organisation is desirable
- Strong ability to manage a diverse workload and a wide range of issues
- Good ability to sustain a range of working relationships
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good administrative ability
- IT literate with experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
If your experience matches what we are looking for, we would love to hear from you??? Please apply within!
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.