Income Officers x 5
Income Officers x 5
Salary: £ 27,863
Full time - 4 x permanent roles / 1 x 12 month contract
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
The service runs from 8:00 – 20:00 and you will be expected to work 1 late shift per fortnight. The late shift is 12:00 – 20:00
Closing date: Midnight 19th August 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 26th August 2019
PA Housing is an award winning provider of affordable, quality homes, but our business is about more than property – it’s about people. We aim to put our residents at the centre of everything we do and offer first class services to all.
Our business is built around decades of experience in the social housing sector across the Midlands, London and the South East. We hold a stock of more than 23,000 homes and employ 600-plus staff.
Our success and plans for the future would not be possible without our dedicated team of staff. Every one of our employees helps to make a positive difference to the lives of our residents.
We currently have opportunities for 5 Income Officers based in our offices in Leicester and we want to hear from you if you:
- Have exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Have experience in income collection and debt reduction
- Have a clear understanding of welfare reform and the related benefits
- You can build relationships across the business and with external partners to drive the successful completion of targets and action plans
- Can demonstrate appropriate levels of numeracy skills.
We understand that the best candidates for this role may not have a background in Social Housing and we are prepared to deliver a full programme of training and support to bring you up to speed with how we do things here at PA Housing. However, there are some skills that you MUST have in order to be considered.
- You must be able to demonstrate empathy with our residents and their situation
- You need to be able to assist and advise our residents to achieve the best possible outcome to enable them to sustain their tenancy
- You need to be able to have difficult conversations and be confident when dealing with challenging individuals
- You have to work well within a team and give and receive support where necessary. You aren’t expected to know or do everything so you need to know where to go for help
- You need to love a good challenge and be prepared to work hard every day
Please note that there is no staff parking attached to this role. There are car parks nearby and limited free parking around the Tudor Road area.
There are great public transport links into the city of Leicester and we are a 10 minute walk from the central bus station and a 30 minute walk from the strain station – think of your step count! The city is also well connected by 3 park and ride services.
For this role you may be expected to travel. You will be able to claim for all travel expenses, fuel or public transport, via our online expenses system and these payments will appear as expenses on your monthly payslip.
We reward our staff for their dedication by offering competitive salaries and an excellent range of employee benefits including:
- 26 days annual leave entitlement on joining, plus bank holidays, (pro-rated for part time roles)
- Opportunities to develop your career through training, including gaining professional qualifications, career coaching, mentoring etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Perkbox - High street discounts
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
If you require any of the attachments in a different format or you require support with the application process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
As a Disability Confident and Equal Opportunities Employer, PA Housing welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from minority groups and with a disability.