R&D Manager - Electrochemical sector - Oxford region
Here is a leadership opportunity for an accomplished electrochemist looking for their next senior position at a materials science firm in the Oxford area. This R&D Manager role is ideal for a leader wishing to combine new product development and daily management of a team of scientists and technicians. The successful appointment will enjoy excellent career progression potential as an integral team member as the company transitions to full launch.
Your day to day duties as a R&D Manager will be:
- Leadership of the R&D team, managing multiple projects
- Development of internal quality standards appropriate to the sector
- Liaison across the business, particularly with field engineers as they launch product on customer sites
- Ensuring cross-function collaboration
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A proven track record in material or chemical product development
- Electrochemistry knowledge
- General curiosity to develop brand new offerings in the marketplace
- A good team-working approach
This client is currently shortlisting for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.