Full & Part Time Support Worker - Southampton
Department: Personal Support
Opportunity Type: Paid
Advertising End Date: 28 Aug 2019
Hours Per Week: 37.5
Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You’ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We will ask a lot of you - but you’ll get back so much more. With us, it is never ‘just a job’.
In return for your hard work and passion, we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Our person centred, professional teams are looking for responsible and motivated full and part time Support Workers to join them to support Adults with a range of needs.
You will be supporting adults with a learning disability to do just the same things you and others do. This might be anything from cooking and cleaning, to going to the supermarket or taking part in leisure activities. You will help them to lead the life they choose. We focus on person centred support, tailored to individuals needs.
You will need to have:
- Good people skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within a constantly changing environment
- Ability to complete paperwork.
- A willingness to participate in sleep-ins is highly desirable
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability, we will support you with award winning training and progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
Enhanced DBS is required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply)
Job vacancy 17046
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
*T&C's apply based on contract