Safeguarding Lead HOUS86237
Our client is a leading, not for profit provider of Retirement Housing and Extra Care for older people of modest means.
They operate in nearly 200 local authority areas, managing around 20,000 Retirement and Extra Care Living properties and providing over 42,000 hours of social care each week.
Within the role of Safeguarding Lead, you will provide an efficient safeguarding service within the organisation by developing and maintaining a robust safeguarding framework, including ensuring policies and training are in place and advising and supporting managers on complex cases.
Your principle responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and support to managers within the company ensuring complex safeguarding matters are managed appropriately.
- Collecting and analyse safeguarding data in order to make recommendations for improvement to HR, Quality Assurance and Operations.
- Raising awareness on safeguarding for staff – producing guidance and literature to support local teams.
- Being responsible for developing and reviewing the safeguarding policy and its associated documents to ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
Part Time, 21 Hours (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday)
To qualify for the role, you will have:
- A Social Work qualification or proven relevant experience
- Training in Adult Safeguarding
- Practical experience of managing safeguarding cases involving older people
- Policy Writing
- Working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and the culture change set out in Making Safeguarding Personal
As an employee you will receive, a clear Induction pathway and training, Career progression, a 35 hours full time equivalent working week, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
You will also be eligible to join the pension scheme, receive Income protection, Life Cover and you may join one of their many salary sacrifice schemes we currently have available.
Closing date: 21st August
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
Apply for Safeguarding Lead HOUS86237
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly