Field Service Engineer
5 days left
- Full Time
Field Service Engineer -
Permanent Staff -Salary + Benefits - Manchester
Our client is a world class design & build specialist in combustion technology. Due to recent expansion, they are seeking for a Field Service Engineer.
You will be responsible for the effective service and maintenance of a range of waste incineration and cremation equipment. Installations can range from a simple, small scale incineration unit featuring diesel fuelled package burners and relay logic control panel, to large scale fully automated systems utilising natural gas fuelled burners, a range of electromechanical components, hydraulics, pneumatics, and PLC based control systems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine service requirements and site visits as required and scheduled by the company.
- Carry out proactive maintenance to all aspects of the installation.
- Respond to emergency callouts to fault find and effect reactive maintenance tasks to bring the installation back to full operation efficiently.
- Carry out upgrade works as required to ensure installations remain in full operational condition and in line with current technology/legislation etc.
- Liaise with stores department to ensure all requirements for each particular job are available for the scheduled visit.
- Ensure that all clients are actively informed of work progression, as required, communicate with clients to build relationships and their confidence in the business.
- Complete all documentation required to evidence the visit and liaise with Service Management to ensure that clients are appropriately charged for work undertaken.
- Look for new sales opportunities and liaise with wider business to ensure we are positioned correctly to exploit such opportunities.
- Due to the nature of some of the projects the applicant must have a flexible approach to work requirements and hours of work.
- Ideally qualified to C&G, ONC, HNC level or equivalent.
- Experience of field service covering similar equipment. (The three key disciplines being electrical, mechanical and combustion engineering.)
- Gas Safe qualification.
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills, able to communicate effectively via telephone or computer, so computer literacy is a vital asset.
- Experience in an ISO9001 compliant environment or equivalent an advantage.
- CSCS card advantageous as is knowledge of H&S regulations.
- Ideally a full clean driving license