Here at S3 Discovery, we are looking for a Stores Assistant to work with our globally recognised client, based in Cambridgeshire. This is a 3-month temporary contract, with the potential of being extended further.
The Stores Assistant is responsible for assisting in the provision of a responsive, well managed, cost-effective and efficient Stores operation. The position is also responsible for assisting with the provision of a comprehensive service in relation to the receipt of samples, goods, materials and subsequent delivery to correct departments.
Further job details include:
- To develop and maintain good professional relationships and networks with suppliers and Couriers.
- To dispose of packaging waste to the correct waste streams for the waste management team and H&S to reduce the impact of packaging waste within the organisation
- Carry out project work as directed by the Stores Manager
- Use of mechanical handling equipment as required (e.g. Pallet truck & Forklift - Licence permitting or training to be provided)
To apply for this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a Stores Assistant is desirable
- Forklift license is desirable
- Experience with liaising with departments concerning storage, deliveries, and receipt of samples, etc.
How to apply
To proceed with your application for this role, simply apply to this advert, or alternatively you can send you're most recent up to date CV to the email below.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted. All successful applications are subject to S3 Science's stringent vetting and security checks.
S3 Science is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.