Product Manager - Materials Science sector - Oxford region
Here is a leadership opportunity for an accomplished project manager from a chemistry or engineering background looking for their next senior position at a materials science firm in the Oxford area. This Product Manager role is ideal for a leader wishing to combine a client- or commercial-focus with new product implementation and development responsibilities. The successful appointment will enjoy excellent career progression potential as an integral team member as the company transitions to full launch.
Your day to day duties as a Product Manager will be:
- Leadership of the product integration onto client sites, managing multiple projects
- Development of internal quality standards appropriate to the sector
- Liaison across the business, particularly with field engineers as they launch product on customer sites
- Contribution to technical aspects of marketing materials
- Looking at competitor offering and providing market analysis
You will be an ideal candidate with this background:
- A proven track record in material or chemical product development
- Project management qualifications
- General curiosity to develop brand new technologies
- A good team-working approach
This client is currently shortlisting for the role so please apply immediately with a CV (Word document format, 2 pages maximum).
Note my client is unable to sponsor visas for those without eligibility to work in the UK.
Why should you work with Dr Paul Mears as your scientific specialist recruiter at Science Solutions?
I focus solely on matching scientists to positions in the UK speciality chemical industry, which is where my own experience and network position me best given a background working in the speciality chemicals and fragrance and flavours sectors. I completed academic studies with a PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Manchester, which followed a BSc in the University of Leeds' famous Colour & Polymer Chemistry department. Following a short post-doctoral research post I built up three years' experience in recruiting scientists into new jobs. Full references and testimonials of successful assignments such as Technical Directors, Heads of Operations and quick turnarounds for urgent laboratory needs can be found on my LinkedIn profile - search Paul Mears.