An exciting opportunity has arisen for a UX Lead to join us on a full time, permanent basis. You will be a key advocate in cultivating and supporting a customer centric culture which will underpin our growth aspirations. You will take on complex problems and transform them into intuitive, easy-to-use experiences for new and existing Seasalt customers, both in the UK and as we grow internationally.
Our customers really are at the heart of everything we do at Seasalt and as a growing lifestyle retailer with 60 shops and 400 wholesale stockists, this is very much a key part of the success of our brand.
As the UX Lead, you will be a key advocate in cultivating and supporting a customer centric culture which will underpin our growth aspirations. You will take on complex problems and transform them into intuitive, easy-to-use experiences for new and existing Seasalt customers, both in the UK and as we grow internationally.
At Seasalt we offer our employees a creative, innovative and friendly environment to work in! We also offer a great range of rewards & benefits and the opportunity to develop and grow your career. These include;
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Generous Seasalt discount
- Employer Contributory pension
- Seasalt Lifestyle - exclusive employee discounts and offers
- Life assurance
- Long service enhanced benefits
- Weekly yoga classes
- Mindfulness sessions
- Full access to Headspace
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Remote medical support
- Partnerships with local wellbeing centres
- Discounted gym memberships
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Free Eye Test Vouchers
- Quarterly Employee incentives
What we're looking for in our UX Lead:
- English or Math GCSE grade C or above
- Solid understanding of UX best practice and web standards
- Experience of working in an Agile project environment
- Experience of responsive design
- Experience of undertaking UX researcher and evaluation and incorporating feedback from UX research into deliverables
- Strong ability to analyse multivariant test results to inform future designs
- Experience in writing with a UX component, whether that be product or web experiences
- Understand design fundamentals around layout and digital mediums and can quickly develop customer testable prototypes that are technically feasible to build.
- You understand the principals and process of mobile first and responsive design
- A visual thinker who understands the benefits of mapping out and visualising complex problems in a way that can create a shared understanding. Workshops are co-creative & collaborative
- Experience with data: tracking it, understanding how to gain insights from it, and creating actions based on that information
So if this sounds like the role for you and you would like to become our UX Lead then please click 'Apply' today!
Closing date: Thursday 29th August