Mill Operator – Animal feeds
HJ Lea Oakes Ltd are suppliers of top-quality animal and livestock feeds, serving farmers across a wide area in Cheshire, Lancashire, Staffordshire, Shropshire and North Wales. We are currently looking for a full-time Mill Operator to join our team in delivering outstanding customer service. These vacancies is based in our mill in Hampton, Malpas/Aston.
Job Description and Profile
It is a diverse role that involves mill control, warehouse work, weighbridge operation, fork lift driving and machine maintenance. A prior experience of working in the animal feed manufacturing will be an advantage. Full training will be provided.
- Good communication skills, good command of spoken and written English
- Good numeracy and literacy
- Computer skills - the role involves working on industry specific software
- The successful candidate will be energetic, friendly and hard working
- Ability to work well as part of a team, including cooperation with other departments (transport, customer services, technical)
- Prior experience of working in the animal feed manufacturing will be an advantage, but full training will be provided for the right candidate
- Current Fork Lift truck licence will be an advantage, but training will be arranged
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production control (computerised) / Record keeping
- Quality checks / Inspections
- Stock control / Raw material intake / Sampling
- Warehouse work / Manual handling including bagging and hand additions
- Loading & unloading deliveries and despatching orders
- Routine maintenance
- Site cleanliness / Housekeeping
- Weighbridge office operations, weighing vehicles in/out, scheduling production, order processing, record keeping etc. – training provided
- Full time position (basic 40 hours a week, normally between Monday and Friday, but involving some weekend work, overtime available). Part of two or three shift rota (shift premium payments).
- Training will be provided.
- Opportunities for career advancement, also into other departments.
Click apply below for further information and to submit a copy of your CV.
Apply by 24th August 2019