Environmental Health Administrative Officer
Job Title: Environmental Health Administrative Officer
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £20,344 to £22,021 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Fixed Term (to 30 September 2020) (37 Hours per week)
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19th August 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
North Norfolk is an attractive rural District with beautiful coastline, fantastic landscapes and big skies within easy reach of the fine City of Norwich.
Working as part of a small specialist team we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic person to assist with the day-to-day work of the department but predominantly the Public Protection and Environmental Services teams.
With an eye for detail you will also be able to collate and input data in order to prioritise and manage a heavy workload. You will possess good communication skills as the role will involve providing advice and guidance to a range of customers. You will also be required to cover for Environmental Health Administrative Officers across the service.
To provide technical administrative support across the service areas covered within Environmental Health functions. Supporting the Head of Environmental Health, Team Managers and Officers.
- Provision of general administrative support across the teams within Environmental Health
- Arranging meetings and events - producing agendas and taking minutes
- Dealing with and responding to requests, enquiries, complaints and correspondence from customers, members, businesses, other departments and external agencies, responding where able or escalating where appropriate
- Preparing correspondence, licence documents, legal notices, records, reports and statements of evidence as appropriate and necessary
- Administering team processes and providing support to officers to ensure the effective delivery of the work of the team
- Assisting with the investigation of service issues and complaints in accordance with the Council policies/procedures and contract specifications
- Promoting best practice relating to business continuity, civil contingencies, cleansing services, dog control, enviro-crimes, environmental permitting, food hygiene/safety, private water supplies, health and safety (including Corporate Health and Safety), licensing, waste and recycling services and any other EH related matters
- Collating, inputting and reporting of data required for performance reporting and statutory returns
- Providing system administration role for the EH IT system and technical support to colleagues on IT issues in order to improve performance and customer services
- Ensuring Freedom of Information requests are handled within timescales
- Handling and processing financial information
- Raising purchase orders, invoices, credit notes and cancellations
- Processing invoices for payment and raising customer refund requests
- Reviewing and maintaining records, procedures, QMS and other documentation
- To take reasonable care for the Health and safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions at work
- Any other work required and as directed within the confines of the existing grading and post
- Good Standard of general education beyond GCSE or BTEC or NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Experience of performing administrative duties in a busy office environment
- Experience of dealing with customers both face to face and on the telephone and giving advice or signposting enquiries
- Experience of working in a close team environment
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience of inputting and collating data
- Minimum of RSA II Typewriting or ability to demonstrate competency and accuracy
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- A good level of numeracy
- Tactful, diplomatic and able to maintain confidentiality
- Customer Care skills and ability to provide advice on a range of business issues
- Able to prioritise own workload and have ability to work to set objectives
Please click on the APPLY button where you'll be redirected to the council's careers page.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Environmental Auditor, Environmental Coordinator, Health & Safety Coordinator, Environmental Health Practitioner, Heath & Safety Officer, NEBOSH, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Environment Officer, Administrator, Office Assistant, General Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Support, Customer Support, Office Admin, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Environment Advisor may also be considered for this role.