Are you interested in a career that makes a difference? Our client are proud of their history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. They support more than 1500 people in a diverse range of services across London. They employ more than 1000 staff and are committed to their development. With them you have the opportunity to work with incredible people, develop your career and support others to have a good life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Registered Manager to lead and manage 3 services within the Lewisham area. One of the services is registered and the other two are Supported Living Services supporting people with Mental Health and additional health needs.
As a Registered Manager, will have sound understanding of CQC regulations and the Essential Standards. You will be confident of your skills in contract management and leadership, but most of all you will be a great team manager, able to motivate and develop your staff to deliver person centred, recovery focused support. Working as part of a high performing management team, you will help to maintain the excellent reputation of these services and ensure that people receiving support are able to engage with their community and to be in control of their lives.
To be a successful Registered Manager you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting people with mental ill health in a health or social care setting
- Track record of enabling choice and control to be a reality for people with mental health
- Experience of developing strong relationships with individuals and families built on trust and respect
- Experience of leading teams to embed person centred working
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of developing teams and managing shift rota
- Experience of managing CQC regulated services
- Experience of leading change within large teams and improve the quality of support provided
They will trust you to
- Provide line management support to staff within the service you are deployed to – ensuring staff receive regular supervision, someone to seek support from and clear direction about their roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure the service remains compliant with any regulatory and legislative requirements such as regulated activities, safeguarding, health and safety, financial and HR best practice. Ensure the Service Compliance folder is maintained and utilised in the service continuing the assurance process from individual team through to Director.
- Lead and manage the team to support personalised rota planning (inclusive of day, night and overnight activity), managing colleagues in their support roles, completing and acting on performance information (team and individually), participating in recruitment, matching and selection.
- Manage resources in line with the team budget and in line with Certitude financial policies and procedures
- Manage staffing costs and resources effectively, ensuring the staffing team are allocated effectively, that leave, and sickness are well managed, and the use of bank and agency staff is limited
- Ensure we meet our duty of care to people we support and staff by maintaining health & safety, regulatory and environmental standards
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- Salary exchange scheme
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- An attractive package of 25 days annual leave, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, access to a 24-hour Employee Assistance counselling
- We will pay for your Enhanced DBS.
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
All their posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a need for full employment history from time of leaving compulsory education and up to date employment references. They are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. They guarantee to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.