Volunteering & Participation Consultant (Training & Development) - Sur
The National Trust was founded to look after beautiful and historic places for the whole nation: for ever, for everyone. We have over 20 million visits to our houses, parks and gardens each year, but we know we have much further to go to be, and to be seen as, more relevant, accessible and welcoming to a more diverse cross section of society. Our ambition is that no matter who you are or where you come from, our places are accessible and welcoming, and people feel able to participate in places that matter to them.
Offering a competitive market salary of up to GBP34,366 per annum, depending on skills and experience, plus an impressive benefits package including a health cash plan, contributory pension of up to 10% and flexible working.
National Trust is a diverse and inclusive employer that seeks to support all of its employees, albeit via training and development or by offering a wealth of well-being initiatives. Please note that we encourage applications from all backgrounds.
What it's like to work here
The London and South East Volunteering Participation and Inclusion Consultancy works across over 100 individual places, providing specialist advice and support. You'll be joining a friendly, busy and passionate team of 8.
What you'll be doing
We are responsible for the development and delivery of volunteering, participation and inclusion related training and development across London and South East. Our current programme is a mixture of nationally and regionally developed content and includes face to face training, coaching, networking sessions and online activity delivered by our Volunteering and Participation Consultants supported by specialist volunteer trainers.
However, we know that our programme is only reaching a minority of those who need and that currently it is not flexible enough to meet the demand from our teams as they work at pace. The postholder will lead on evaluating and developing our regional volunteering, participation and inclusion training programme so that it better meets the needs of our operational and consultancy teams to deliver.
Who we're looking for
You will need the following, but not limited to:
- Demonstrable experience of developing a comprehensive training and development programme for staff covering volunteering, participation, community involvement and/or diversity and inclusion - essential
- Demonstrable experience of volunteering and volunteer management - essential
- Demonstrable experience of participation, community involvement and/or working inclusion related projects - desirable
- Good understanding of good practice in volunteering, volunteer management, community involvement and participatory approaches - essential
- Passion about volunteering, participation and inclusion and the ability to speak persuasively about the benefits of high quality volunteer engagement, community engagement and an inclusive culture - essential
- A can do attitude, persuasive nature and enthusiastic approach to their work - essential
- Ability to feel comfortable working in a variety of locations and juggling a number of projects at once. Adept at delivering projects through others by sharing experience and skills, particularly through coaching - essential
- Highly organised and IT proficient, you'll be able to keep track and prioritise your work, often to tight deadlines - essential