Mid/Senior PHP Web Developer / Software Developer
Job Title: Mid/Senior PHP Web Developer
Location: Guiseley, Leeds
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is a small friendly company, currently just nine full time staff based primarily in their Guiseley office. They have close links with a second company based in Doncaster with whom they share clients, work and expertise. They have exciting expansion plans, right now with the recruitment of at least one more experienced full-time developer.
They provide web site design services, but they specialise in more complex web programming. Some of their clients are small web designers who need bespoke programming services for their clients, and some are large companies and Universities outsourcing their web development to them.
In addition to their programming services, they host clients' sites on their own Linux servers which they also manage themselves. They also resell domain names, certificates and other cloud based services.
Their unique Selling Point is their reputation for excellent quality and support - and they don't just say it, they do it! New customers normally find them through recommendation.
You will be a member of the team from day one, and will share the workload. There are a variety of project opportunities, but they would ask you to learn all about one or two of their major systems, so that you would be able to assist development and ongoing support.
As this is a mid/senior position, they would expect you to be fee-earning from the start, however they understand that it's important to keep abreast of technology, and they would encourage you to take a little time out to do this.
You will become champion on your own customer projects, and have the confidence to speak directly to clients to discuss requirements and progress and also offer support. It also may be necessary to meet clients, and in some cases their clients' clients.
They would normally require you to work in their office in Guiseley, and there may be some flexibility over your hours of work. They dress casually in the office except when meeting clients, and welcome you to do the same.
Subsequent to any probation period you would be entitled to join the company's private health care scheme.
Due to the nature of some of the clients they work with, you will be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement immediately upon starting work, and undergo various identity and criminal checks, including providing references.
- Fully proficient in PHP - Procedural and OO
- Experience of OO and MVC techniques
- Competent with MySQL, and experience of large datasets
- Good written and verbal communication skills and good standard of English
- Good attention to detail, able to produce accurate work
- Proven abilities with front-end web technologies
- Produce responsive websites
- Understand cross-browser issues and workarounds
- Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
- Have a demonstrable passion for programming and web development
- Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
- Knowledge of Zend or similar Frameworks would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Angular 2+ would be great
- Laravel experience also helpful
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining online applications for their clients. You may be required to work with clients to determine the best solution, taking time and budgets into consideration.
Your work will be neat and well documented, whilst being efficient and accurate.
- Competitive salary
- A great working environment and colleagues
- Modern office with parking and next to train station
- Private health insurance
- Various staff schemes including cycle, IT equipment purchases etc.
- Occasional staff outings
- Annual bonus scheme currently being reviewed
- Please submit your CV, giving an overview of previous projects describing your involvement
- They will may need to see samples of your code to determine your style and proficiency, and it may also be necessary to undertake a coding proficiency test
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Apply for Mid/Senior PHP Web Developer / Software Developer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly