Part-time Support Worker / Playworker
We have an excellent opportunity for Children’s Support Worker / Playworker to join our client’s dynamic and fast moving Charity based in Keele.
Please note: this role is for approximately 6 hours per month, please only apply if you are happy with this.
Our client is a national charity that works to transform the lives of disabled children and their families, enabling them to challenge any barriers they face throughout childhood by providing practical and emotional support.
They are going through an exciting period of growth having recently opened a new state-of-the-art facility for multi-disciplinary therapy programmes for childhood disability and the research of neurodevelopmental conditions which affect millions of people around the world.
The aim is to help disabled children and young people identify their goals and build the skills and experience to allow them to reach their full potential, helping them to build friendships and form lasting social networks.
As Support Worker / Playworker, you will plan and implement fun, inspiring and challenging leisure activities that build life skills and promote independence, whilst also providing carers with vital short break respite.
Your responsibilities may include:
• Planning, co-ordination and delivery of occasional weekend activities as part of our client’s ASDAN programme
• Acting as a supporting staff member for the Children’s Activity Lead during sessions
• Complete initial assessments for children prior to them starting activities
• Ensure each programme and activity is planned in advance and delivered to quality standards in a timely manner
• Assist the Children’s Activity Lead in ensuring children remain engaged and safe
• Formulate activity plans in conjunction with other staff
• Ensure that children are signposted into ongoing local activities where appropriate
• Ensure children have exit plans for longer term supporting activity on leaving programmes and activities
• Assist in training volunteers and manage, supervise and monitor volunteers
• Support income generation by identifying possible fundraising opportunities during sessions
• Ensure compliance with ISO and Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Complete risk assessments on all proposed activities and venues
• Ensure records and portfolios are up to date and have sufficient evidence to meet ASDAN standards
• Provide monthly reports and evidence required by each funder, including user feedback forms, promotion and media coverage
To be successful in your application as Support Worker / Playworker, you will need to have / be:
• GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• 2 years’ experience working with children
• Ability to engage, motivate and communicate with children and young people
• Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
• Good IT skills
• Good organisational, planning and problem solving skills
• Dedicated, passionate, enthusiastic and resilient
• Willingness to travel throughout Staffordshire
• Happy to do evening and weekend work as required
Whilst the role will be on a zero hours contract, we would expect to be able to offer approximately 6 hours a month (sometimes more/sometimes less). There is a salary on offer of £8.21 per hour.
The role would typically suit students or individuals looking to earn additional income, however, previous experience working with children is essential.
How to Apply
Please note, all posts within the Charity are subject to DBS checks, in line with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974). This role is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is therefore eligible for an Enhanced (with children’s and/or adults’ barred list check) DBS check.
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Support worker, playworker, children, kids, children’s activity, charity,
Apply for Part-time Support Worker / Playworker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly