Legal & Commercial Assistant
The overall purpose of the role is to assist in all general legal, commercial and regulatory compliance matters as well as ensuring administration and commercial accuracy of all contracts.
* Liaising with sales, operations and finance teams to ensure accuracy of commercial terms and support with contract negotiations through to conclusion
* Maintaining a log of live contract discussions, proper execution and checking of contracts post negotiation (including contract sign off sheets)
* Proof reading/completing commercial contracts with customers, suppliers and service providers
* Ensuring that all contractual documentation is properly presented in a word format. To include: printing, posting, scanning and filing of signed contracts
* Support with drafting letters and coordinating responses during negotiations with third parties
* Ensuring that all new orders/attrition/renewals are properly verified and recorded in the company systems.
* Supporting the finance team with debt collection and raising invoices
* Using and updating Sales Force to monitor and report on contract progression
* Liaising with customer support, sales and finance on queries and terminations.
* Other ad hoc tasks as directed by line manager
* Support to sales, finance and EMT with contract negotiations through to conclusion.
* Maintenance of contract database, orders and a log of live contract discussions, proper execution and checking of contracts post negotiation (including contract sign off sheets)
* Review and administration of smaller contracts including new agreements, amendments and terminations ensuring soft copies of final paperwork is available
* Timely response to day to day contract queries and tasks
KPI's and measures:
* All agreements are accurate and returned within agreed timescales.
* All legal documentation and records are produced to a very high degree of accuracy & quality.
* Strong relationship with other teams specifically Finance, Sales and Client Success.
*Good level of knowledge and understanding of contract law and ability to conduct independent legal research.
* Advanced user of Microsoft Word. Basic Excel knowledge.
* Excellent communication skills. Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels within the organisation is key
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients by written, telephone and occasionally face to face.
* Able to cope well under pressure with an ability to prioritise key tasks.
* Able to ensure confidentiality.
* Be able to work accurately, with excellent attention to detail and see tasks through to completion.
Law degree or qualified by experience working alongside legal professional.
A Levels or equivalent