Senior Funding Officer (Trusts and Grants)
1 day left
- Full Time
Senior Funding Officer (Trusts and Grants)
We are offering an opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to build relationships with a variety of funders, and source income for new projects and core work. Through applying your experience of fundraising you will shape exciting new projects at 1625ip and have the opportunity to develop a new major donors income stream.
1625 Independent People (1625ip) is a leading youth homeless charity based in the South West, working with over 2,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and contribute to best practice in the sector. Building trusting relationships between young people, 1625ip staff and volunteers is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
- You have experience of success in both trust and grant funding, according to set targets.
- You are proactive and creative, with an eye for detail.
- You are passionate about young people having opportunities to succeed in life.
- You have great communication and coordination skills, and you are able to liaise with internal and external stakeholders to achieve targets.
- You have experience of developing relationships and might have an interest in developing your skills in major donor fundraising.
What you will be doing:
- Researching, planning and applying to funding opportunities through trusts and grants.
- Employing excellent stewardship to support existing relationships, and cultivate new relationships across grants, trusts and corporate partnerships.
- Implementing and reviewing the Fundraising Strategy and proposing new opportunities and ideas.
You will be in the Funding and Communications Team and your line manager will be Hannah Barry, the Funding and Comms Manager.
What we are offering:
- An opportunity to shape the new projects at an exciting time for the Funding team.
- 30 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Flexi-time way of working.
- A learning and listening environment, as our work is rooted in a ‘Psychologically Informed Environment’ framework known as ‘PIE’.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary scale: NJC Scale 22-25 starting at the bottom of the scale
- Salary range: £26,317 – £28,785 per annum
- The location: You will be based in Kingsley Hall, in Old Market, close to Bristol’s main train and bus stations as well as the vibrant city centre.
- To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an Application, please visit the website
- Application deadline closes: 23:59, Wednesday 21 August 2019.
- If you have not heard from us by the end of the working day on Friday 23 August 2019 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Interviews are on Thursday 29 August 2019.
Covering Letter Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and personal attributes will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information. If you need an adjustment made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.