Technology Lead - Inclusive Fintech
Job title: Technology Lead – Inclusive Fintech
Work Pattern: Monday – Friday
Employer: GSM Association
Date advert posted: 31 July 2019
Closing date: 28 August 2019
GSMA is seeking a Technology Lead – Inclusive Fintech to join its Mobile for Development, Mobile Money department at its London office.
The key responsibilities involve the following:
- strategising, developing, testing and piloting technological innovations in mobile money;
- monitoring industry trends and new technologies, and, in coordination with stakeholders, converting these into scoped innovation projects with concrete and tangible outcomes;
- leading a technical team of developers, API specialists, and test engineers;
- acting as a senior point of contact to mobile money providers and other industry stakeholders and managing collaborations in joint technical projects;
- forming partnerships with technology providers to support and run hosted test environments, and managing technical work and contracts;
- managing resources for innovation projects as well as established test environments of the lab’s technical assets;
- responsibility for the planning, implementation and documentation of appropriate software tests within our sandbox environments; and
- supporting the Director of Inclusive Fintech to define, manage and deliver innovation projects.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- a degree in Information systems, Engineering or similar;
- strong relevant background in financial and mobile payments technologies, with relevant experience gained in an innovative environment e.g. start-up in mobile and/or payments services, challenger bank, telco, technical consultancy, donor or other financial inclusion organisation;
- demonstrable relevant experience in managing financial technology projects, experimentation, and delivering MVPs and prototypes;
- demonstrable ability to provide content guidance to a team of developers and technical specialists on eg architecture, frameworks and APIs;
- proven relevant experience in both technical and contract management of technology suppliers;
- genuine interest in the social benefits that are presented by the use of mobile technology to address financial inclusion of the poor;
- energetic team player, with creative mindset and a hands-on and can-do mentality;
- excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to express complex technologies in plain language and disseminate insights to the wider industry;
- ability to positively influence and inspire others, and build constructive working relationships with diverse stakeholders;
- experience and affinity with intercultural working relations;
- relevant work experience within financial services in emerging markets such as Latin America, Africa or Asia;
- fluency in English; and
- willingness and ability to travel regularly (up to 30% of time).
Fluency in French, Portuguese, Spanish or any major African and/or Asian languages is desirable.
To apply: please upload your CV and a cover letter directly through the portal.
Date posted: 31 July 2019
Closing date: 28 August 2019
Apply for Technology Lead - Inclusive Fintech
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly