Responsible to Matron
Responsible for No direct line responsibility
In conjunction with other staff, help create a supportive and homely atmosphere where residents can achieve maximum independence.
Where the promotion of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, fulfillment and rights being the six broad values are given the highest priority.
To help in the care of the residents’ physical environment and in the general day to day activities of the home.
Care Assistant main duties are to:
- Assist residents who need help with dressing, undressing, bathing and the toilet.
- Help residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence.
- Help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- Care for residents who are temporarily sick and needing, e.g. bed nursing.
- Help care for residents who are dying and be sensitive and aware of the bereavement process, be it the loss of a partner, relative, pet or home and offer the appropriate support.
- Help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- Assist in meeting the emotional needs of the resident, listening, basic counseling, support with continence, confusion and group living.
- Make and change beds, tidy rooms and empty commodes.
- Launder any clothing/ bedding as necessary.
- Serve meals, assist residents who need help to eat and drink.
- Answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- Read and write reports, take part in staff and residents’ meetings and in training activities as directed.
- Record any changes or issues that appertain to clients on the home’s records and to contribute toward information gathering with regard to updating residents’ care plans.
- Escort residents on outings, shopping, walks, appointments etc.
- Help residents maintain links with family friends and the community.
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required
Hours (minimum 37.5hrs per week) experienced care assistant.
Shift pattern is 0730-1400, 1400-2000, or 0730-2000.
All staff are expected to work alternate weekends.
Our rate of pay is £8.50 week days and £8.70 weekends.
We do not deduct any time for breaks during working hours. Any overtime worked over contracted hours is paid at an extra £1 per hour during the week and £2 per hour at the weekend.
We pay 5.6 weeks annual leave per year (this is on a pro rata basis in the first year).
We provide tunics or dress, staff provide their own trousers.
We provide meals, snacks, drinks on duty free of charge.
Apply for Care Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly