Site based leading a Security Team or covering Multiple Sites.
Leading Officers and Security Teams to provide 24 hour security services which includes working days, nights, weekends to secure property, hold keys, lock and unlock sites, respond to incidents, emergencies and alarms as directed by Control.
The role of the Team Leader is to lead Officers and Security Teams to protect people, property and reputation of our Customer through the delivery of effective Security Services. Team Leaders must always be smartly dressed, wearing the correct uniform, SIA and Identity Badges and ensure Officers and Security Teams adhere to the highest uniform standards. A Team Leader must always convey and role model for Officers a professional image that promotes confidence in security with our customers, members of the public and presents TCFM favourably. A Team Leader must contribute to and have a strong understanding of the site Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and relevant documented Standards Operating Procedures. A Team Leader must ensure Officers and the Security Team maintain a safe and secure environment, deter crime and prevent all forms of loss. Team Leaders must be flexible to our Customer needs ensure Officers and the Security Team demonstrate our Core Values (Respect, Care, Initiative, Expertise) at all times whilst on duty and representing TCFM.
- Develop, coach and train Officers and the Security Team to deliver their role to the highest standards.
- Deal with Officer performance, conduct and disciplinary matters in line with Company Policy.
- Manage the Rota and plan holidays effectively to minimize risk and disruption to the business.
- Contribute to Risk Assessments and relevant compliance processes.
- Contribute to and implement effective Assignment Instructions.
- Support projects and innovation that contributes to the success of the business.
- Identify talent and support recruitment and induction activity.
- Contribute to Site Visits with Officers and focus on their welfare.
- Contribute to KPI and feedback meetings with Customers.
- Support the mobilisation of new contracts as requested.
- Build effective working relationships with Head Office, Control, Operational Management and the wider Business.
- Arrive on site or start of Assignment duty on time, book on correctly and make required check calls.
- Utilise the relevant security systems, tools, equipment to deliver innovation and the highest standards.
- To understand the needs of our customer, respond accordingly and take appropriate action.
- Report and escalate incidents in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner to the Control Room/ Operations Manager/ Team Leader/ Customer and Emergency Services as appropriate for serious incidents.
- Respond to all emergencies and alarms situations (fire, flood, burglary, theft, bomb threat, building evacuation), responding proactively in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Support customer site procedures, in particular Health and safety and Fire evacuation procedures.
- Liaise with internal customer contacts in a professional manner.
- Liaise with external authorities / emergencies services in a professional manner.
- Offer solutions to any security related incident in order to reduce potential risks.
- Share best practices with other Officers to improve the performance of the Security Team.
- Report any inappropriate or concerning activity within the Security Team to Control/ Operations Manager.
- Complete all relevant administration, reports, data input and analysis.
- Support the customer to ensure contractors do not compromise site security or create any risks.
- Communicate courteously with internal and external customers, building positive relationships.
- Respond to and investigate issues and queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Complete information gathering and evidence retrieval in a confidential and professional manner.
- Monitoring and effective use of site Access Control systems.
- Monitoring and effective use of site Keys/ Key Registers/ Safes.
- Monitoring and effective use of site Intruder Alarm systems
- Monitoring and effective use of site CCTV systems.
- Complete patrols to identify security risks across the entire site. This includes all windows, doors, stairs, access points, barriers, external areas, goods inwards, car parks, offices and secured areas.
- Conduct security checks and searches (people/ premises/vehicles) in accordance with agreed procedures and take preventative actions as required.
- Identify potential commercial risks/Industrial espionage/ threats to our Customers reputation and brand.
- Use any local, national and international data intelligence in order to identify potential crime, risk or terrorism.
- Identify potential explosive devices and follow procedures to safeguard people and assets.
- Identify potential intruders and request them to leave site in a safe manner or contact the police if there is evidence of a crime, as per Assignment Instructions and Risk Assessment.
- Deter potentially threatening situations through risk assessment, resolving conflict and diffusing the threat.
- To greet incoming visitors and ensure that all necessary security and signing measures are followed.
- Manage car park pedestrian safety and vehicle security and flow, as required by the customer.
- Be the appointed First Aid Representative and deliver First Aid (only in accordance with First Aid Training).
- Complete any relevant value added duties agreed with the Customer.
Do NOT leave a duty assignment/ site during a live shift, until such time as another Officer has arrived to take over and has been fully appraised of all duties/ incidents/ occurrences, unless it has been specifically authorised by Control or an Operations Manager. In the event of another Officer failing to arrive at the designated time to take over a shift the Control Room is to be informed immediately.
Skills & Requirements
- Relevant valid SIA license
- Excellent Customer Service.
- Punctual, reliable, trustworthy.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and manage emergencies.
- Strong command of the English language with excellent communication skills.
- Literate, numerate with strong writing and reporting skills.
- Basic computer/ IT skills.
- Ability to operate alarm/ CCTV/ Security electronic systems.
- Ability to analyse data and reports and make informed decisions.
- Good understanding of the SIA and relevant legislation (Criminal, Data Protection, Human Rights)
- First Aid At Work Certificate (if applicable)
- Full UK clean driving license (if applicable)
- Leadership & Performance Management Skills.
Apply for Team Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly